Tesco Internet Phone

Old November 12th 07, 02:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Doug Spinney

Default Tesco Internet Phone

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to access Tesco Internet Phone
voicemail remotely? If so how?

TIA

Doug.

Old November 13th 07, 01:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Soruk

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 06:31:10 -0800, Doug Spinney wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to access Tesco Internet Phone
voicemail remotely? If so how?

Through "conventional" means, I don't believe so.

However, the way I do it is to remote-access into my DECT phone and
disable its IP connection, then use the Ekiga softphone on my laptop to
log in to my Tesco account and call *123 from there.

Of course, not quite as convenient as being able to dial in from a PSTN
phone but it's one way of getting the messages.

Mail Me Anywhere - http://www.MailMeAnywhere.com/ - Mobile email
Old November 13th 07, 07:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nick

wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to access Tesco Internet Phone
voicemail remotely? If so how?

Through "conventional" means, I don't believe so.

However, the way I do it is to remote-access into my DECT phone and
disable its IP connection, then use the Ekiga softphone on my laptop to
log in to my Tesco account and call *123 from there.

Of course, not quite as convenient as being able to dial in from a PSTN
phone but it's one way of getting the messages.

Mail Me Anywhere - http://www.MailMeAnywhere.com/ - Mobile email

I don't know of a way to access the service via PSTN. However, using the
following link, you can load the account into a webrowser and then dial
*123 to hear messages.

http://www.phonefromhere.com/tesco/index.html

Old November 15th 07, 11:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Doug Spinney

MailStripper -http://www.MailStripper.eu/- SMTP spam filter
Mail Me Anywhere -http://www.MailMeAnywhere.com/- Mobile email
Second Number -http://secondnumber.matrixnetwork.co.uk/

I don't know of a way to access the service via PSTN. However, using the
following link, you can load the account into a webrowser and then dial
*123 to hear messages.

http://www.phonefromhere.com/tesco/index.html

Thanks forthe replies, I was really looking for a way from the PSTN
but i'll try the phone from here link out.

Cheers

Doug.
Old December 6th 07, 12:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

wrote:
[...]

Doug.- Hide quoted text -

well - why dont you use the tesco voip client for your laptops, thats
very convienient !