incoming problems on voip.co.uk

Old November 16th 07, 03:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Spock ‹(••)›

Default incoming problems on voip.co.uk

Anyone else having incoming calls diverting to mailbox immediately ?
Any incoming calls divert immediately, but calls to my other numbers
work ok eg. sipgate voipuser.
This is from a virgin mobile phone.

--
Spock

Old November 16th 07, 06:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Duncan MacCallum

Spock () wrote:

Anyone else having incoming calls diverting to mailbox immediately ?
Any incoming calls divert immediately, but calls to my other numbers
work ok eg. sipgate voipuser.
This is from a virgin mobile phone.

yep same prob at start of week all incoming calls straight to voicemail.
Advise to re boot ATA which sorted the problem.
However tonight unable to make outgoing calls via beta service

cheers
Old November 16th 07, 11:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Herman

"Duncan MacCallum" wrote in message
.uk...
Spock () wrote:

Anyone else having incoming calls diverting to mailbox immediately ?
Any incoming calls divert immediately, but calls to my other numbers work
ok eg. sipgate voipuser.
This is from a virgin mobile phone.

yep same prob at start of week all incoming calls straight to voicemail.
Advise to re boot ATA which sorted the problem.
However tonight unable to make outgoing calls via beta service

cheers

Indeed, I got the same advice which seemed to work OK on my ATA. Bit harder
to "re-boot" through Voxalot. I have cycled the SIP registration option to
see if that will do the trick...

Watch this space...

Old November 17th 07, 12:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 23:19:02 GMT, "Herman"
[email protected] foot.com wrote:

"Duncan MacCallum" wrote in message
o.uk...
Spock () wrote:

Anyone else having incoming calls diverting to mailbox immediately ?
Any incoming calls divert immediately, but calls to my other numbers work
ok eg. sipgate voipuser.
This is from a virgin mobile phone.

yep same prob at start of week all incoming calls straight to voicemail.
Advise to re boot ATA which sorted the problem.
However tonight unable to make outgoing calls via beta service

cheers

Indeed, I got the same advice which seemed to work OK on my ATA. Bit harder
to "re-boot" through Voxalot. I have cycled the SIP registration option to
see if that will do the trick...

Watch this space...

Just tried our ukvoip number and it is just ringing out but phone is
not ringing in here it won t go to mailbox because I have it switched
off anyone that matters will call my mobile . not in the habit of
wasting peoples money on calls only to be grated by a answer phone or
mailbox service .
Old November 17th 07, 01:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Spock ‹(••)›

In message ,
writes
[email protected] gfoot.com wrote:

"Duncan MacCallum" wrote in message
. co.uk...
Spock ‹(••)› wrote:

[...]

Well I fixed it.
I am not using the beta. I am using an asterisk server to register, and
have several ip-phones/ata's as extensions off the asterisk server.
cisco 7960 , sipura spa3000 etc.
I had to alter the sip.conf to:-

[voip]
type=friend
username=myusername
secret=mypassword
host=proxy.sov.voip.co.uk
fromuser=myusername
fromdomain=proxy.sov.voip.co.uk
authuser=myusername
;dtmfmode=info
context=incomingvoip

The host and fromdomain were proxy.voip.co.uk before I altered it.

--
Spock
Old November 17th 07, 07:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Herman

"Spock (..)" wrote in message
In message ,
writes
[email protected] igfoot.com wrote:

"Duncan MacCallum" wrote in message
.co.uk...
Spock (..) wrote:

[...]

Where did the proxy.sov.voip.co.uk server come from? Did voip.co.uk
recommend this? I say this, as my attempt to cycle registration on Voxalot
failed, and so I am running out of options...

Old November 17th 07, 07:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Herman

"Herman" [email protected] foot.com wrote
in message ...
"Spock (..)" wrote in message
In message ,
writes
[email protected] bigfoot.com wrote:

"Duncan MacCallum" wrote in message
r.co.uk...
Spock (..) wrote:

[...]

Just to note that I switched to this server and it worked, like you said. I
am trying to switch back to the standard proxy server just to see if the
change is enough to get it back working again. Let's see...

Old November 17th 07, 08:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Spock ‹(••)›

In message , Herman
[email protected] foot.com writes
"Spock (..)" wrote in message
In message ,
writes

Spock (..) wrote:

[...]

Herman it came from watching the syslog on my Draytek adsl modem.
When making an incoming call I noticed the ip address the udp 5060
packets were coming from. I did a lookup and it resolved to
proxy.sov.voip.co.uk.

--
Spock
Old November 17th 07, 08:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Herman

"Herman" [email protected] foot.com wrote
in message ...
"Herman" [email protected] foot.com wrote
in message ...
"Spock (..)" wrote in message
In message ,
writes
whitehouse.madhouse.thisisaspamtraptakemeout! @bigfoot.com wrote:

"Duncan MacCallum" wrote in message
er.co.uk...
Spock (..) wrote:

[...]

Response back from voip.co.uk:

It sounds like Voxalot don't check their DNS records very often.
You should connect only to proxy.voip.co.uk and not registrar.voip.co.uk or
proxy.sov.voip.co.uk.