More problems with voip.co.uk?

Old November 24th 07, 04:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Peter Watson

Default More problems with voip.co.uk?

I've moved registration of my VOIP system (Asterisk 1.2.22) to
proxy.voip.co.uk:5060 (from register.voip.co.uk) as instructed in the
recent email. I've explicitly set the port as my Asterisk box was
losing registration, presumably due to SRV lookups (A problem identified
on the voip.co.uk wiki as affecting 1.4.xx?)

Since making this change I've found that calling out through the service
introduces a significant delay before the call is established ie
ringing. A test call I've just made to my landline from my VOIP number
failed to connect at all within 50 seconds so I gave up and terminated
the call only to find that the landline rang some 8 minutes later with
my voip.co.uk CLID!

Is there yet another problem with the new platform?
Old November 24th 07, 07:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Bill49

I'm having the same problem with my sipura 1001. As with you it takes
about 30 seconds to a minute for the landline to ring if it every
does. And again, if I give up before the landline rings, it will ring
sometime later. Further, if the landline does eventually ring, and I
put down my voip 'phone and do not pick up the landline the landline
will continue to ring until the answer machine cuts in.

The good (and strange) news is that on the beta platform everything
works as normal. I plan to post something on the voip.co.uk forum
tomorrow.

Maybe you could tell me if the beta platform works for you as well

Bill
Old November 24th 07, 08:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
It's Me

"Bill49" wrote in message
I'm having the same problem with my sipura 1001. As with you it takes
about 30 seconds to a minute for the landline to ring if it every
does. And again, if I give up before the landline rings, it will ring
sometime later. Further, if the landline does eventually ring, and I
put down my voip 'phone and do not pick up the landline the landline
will continue to ring until the answer machine cuts in.

The good (and strange) news is that on the beta platform everything
works as normal. I plan to post something on the voip.co.uk forum
tomorrow.

Maybe you could tell me if the beta platform works for you as well

Bill

It seems to work here OK using a PAP2 on the new system.

When I first set it up it would not connect so I turned the PAP2 off for a
while and on reboot it connected and has stayed connected as far as I know.

Old November 25th 07, 12:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 15:23:47 +0000, Peter Watson
wrote:

Since making this change I've found that calling out through the service
introduces a significant delay before the call is established ie
ringing.

I am experiencing the same problem. When working OK it used to connect
within 1 second. Now it takes an age to connect. Sometimes I have had
to go via another provider.
I put a friend on voip.co.uk as, at the time, it was good and
reliable. With all the problems they are having I keep getting calls
about it. It must be even worse for those who need it to pass, what is
commonly called, the 'wife test'.
They really need to get this sorted fast or lose credibility.

---
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
---
Old November 25th 07, 12:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gloria

wrote:

Since making this change I've found that calling out through the service
introduces a significant delay before the call is established ie
ringing.

I am experiencing the same problem. When working OK it used to connect
within 1 second. Now it takes an age to connect. Sometimes I have had
to go via another provider.
I put a friend on voip.co.uk as, at the time, it was good and
reliable. With all the problems they are having I keep getting calls
about it. It must be even worse for those who need it to pass, what is
commonly called, the 'wife test'.
They really need to get this sorted fast or lose credibility.

Same problems here, and varying. One call goes through fine, next
could take 40 seconds or not even connect at all. If you hang up and
redial it sometimes connects quicker.

Weird and unnecessary problems and seemingly no rush to resolve them.
Which in effect makes them useless.

pam the SPAMMERS send an email to
Old November 25th 07, 04:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Linker3000

Gloria wrote:
[Snip]
Weird and unnecessary problems and seemingly no rush to resolve them.
Which in effect makes them useless.

I know for a fact that they are working long hours to get things sorted
but they seem to have hit some major issues with their platform upgrade
that should never have followed it out of the beta stage.

I think they should bite the bullet and switch back to the old platform
and do some more testing - it's been a very frustrating time and after
several years of near-perfect service they have damaged their reputation
severely in the space of a couple of weeks.
Old November 25th 07, 05:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Bill49

I tried the proxy server again this morning, and it worked. I have
used the 'phone a few times over the last 6 houres and so far no
problems. Maybe voip.co. have done something

Bill
Old November 25th 07, 05:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 15:49:03 +0000, Linker3000
wrote:

I think they should bite the bullet and switch back to the old platform
and do some more testing -

I have completely wiped them of the ATA , S450 IP , and my WiFi phone
this morning , told Chris by email last evening politely what to do
with their service and why .
it's been a very frustrating time and after
several years of near-perfect service they have damaged their reputation
severely in the space of a couple of weeks.

Most customers do not want excuses they want the service they have
paid for and if a company cannot provide that service then they must
do without the customers .

Old November 26th 07, 04:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alexd

Peter Watson wrote:

I've moved registration of my VOIP system (Asterisk 1.2.22) to
proxy.voip.co.uk:5060 (from register.voip.co.uk) as instructed in the
recent email. I've explicitly set the port as my Asterisk box was
losing registration, presumably due to SRV lookups (A problem identified
on the voip.co.uk wiki as affecting 1.4.xx?)

Since making this change I've found that calling out through the service
introduces a significant delay before the call is established ie
ringing. A test call I've just made to my landline from my VOIP number
failed to connect at all within 50 seconds so I gave up and terminated
the call only to find that the landline rang some 8 minutes later with
my voip.co.uk CLID!

Is there yet another problem with the new platform?

I've been seeing a bit of this today:

-- Got SIP response 503 "Registrar overloaded; try again shortly." back from
193.203.210.36
Nov 26 15:43:34 NOTICE[32452]: chan_sip.c:5429 sip_reg_timeout: --
Registration for ' timed out, trying again (Attempt
#2)

I also saw this yesterday before I'd changed from registrar.voip.co.uk to
proxy.voip.co.uk - not surprising given that registrar is a CNAME for
proxy.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
15:47:47 up 15 days, 4:26, 3 users, load average: 0.10, 0.15, 0.16

Old November 27th 07, 09:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gloria

On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 15:49:03 +0000, Linker3000
wrote:

Gloria wrote:
[Snip]
Weird and unnecessary problems and seemingly no rush to resolve them.
Which in effect makes them useless.

I know for a fact that they are working long hours to get things sorted
but they seem to have hit some major issues with their platform upgrade
that should never have followed it out of the beta stage.

I think they should bite the bullet and switch back to the old platform
and do some more testing - it's been a very frustrating time and after
several years of near-perfect service they have damaged their reputation
severely in the space of a couple of weeks.

It is a shame. Was fine all day yesterday.

pam the SPAMMERS send an email to