Presenting CLID for Outgoing VOIP Calls on SPA3102

Old November 24th 07, 09:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mike Sun

Default Presenting CLID for Outgoing VOIP Calls on SPA3102

I'm using www.voipcheap.com for outgoing calls and have a BT landline for
incoming calls. Using another ATA similar to Grandstream HT-488 I have no
problem presenting my land-line phone number as caller-ID.

I'm trying to achieve this with my recently purchased Linksys SPA3102
without success. The unit works fine in all other respects including
successful CLID presentation for incoming calls.

So I'm wondering where in the SPA3102 configuration do I enter the
land-line phone number and if there are any other settings I may have
missed - there are so many to choose from!

On my "HT-488" ATA, I place the phone number under "SIP User ID" (assigned
user ID or phone number) with Display Name left blank for CLID to work just
fine.

Any advice would be most welcome - Cheers from Mike.

Oh by the way, I am on the latest firmware for the SPA 3102 - 5.1.7 (GW)

Old November 24th 07, 10:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Max Power

Mike Sun wrote:
[...]

Mike, Have a look down this newsgroup for an answer to a similar post by
TheDragon on 13th September. It worked for me using a PAPT

Old November 24th 07, 10:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mike Sun

"Max Power" wrote in message

Mike, Have a look down this newsgroup for an answer to a similar post by
TheDragon on 13th September. It worked for me using a PAPT

That fixed it - many thanks.

I never thought of swapping over the User ID with the Auth ID fields and
enabling the Auth ID instead. Placing the phone number in the User ID field
solved the problem and Caller-ID presentation now works.

Cheers from Mike

Old November 24th 07, 10:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Mike Sun wrote:
[...]

Display name can be whatever you want.

User ID: Your verified number you want displaying.
Auth ID: Your VoIPCheap username.
Use Auth ID: YES.

That's it.

--
http://www.nhsconfidentiality.org
http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/MetricNow
Old November 26th 07, 08:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Sinna

Mike Sun wrote:
I'm using www.voipcheap.com for outgoing calls and have a BT landline for
incoming calls. Using another ATA similar to Grandstream HT-488 I have no
problem presenting my land-line phone number as caller-ID.

I'm trying to achieve this with my recently purchased Linksys SPA3102
without success. The unit works fine in all other respects including
successful CLID presentation for incoming calls.

Can you explain how you did this? I wasn't able to have it working yet.

Thx!

Sinna
Old November 26th 07, 10:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mike Sun

"Sinna" wrote in message
Mike Sun wrote:
I'm using www.voipcheap.com for outgoing calls and have a BT landline for
incoming calls. Using another ATA similar to Grandstream HT-488 I have no
problem presenting my land-line phone number as caller-ID.

I'm trying to achieve this with my recently purchased Linksys SPA3102
without success. The unit works fine in all other respects including
successful CLID presentation for incoming calls.

Can you explain how you did this? I wasn't able to have it working yet.

Thx!

Sinna

You mean how I get CLID presention for incoming calls? This just worked for
me without changing any default settings on the SPA3102. Do come back if you
are asking something else. Cheers from Mike

Old November 28th 07, 05:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mike Sun

Default Presenting CLID for Outgoing VOIP Calls on SPA3102 - Another Tip

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
.uk...

Display name can be whatever you want.

User ID: Your verified number you want displaying.
Auth ID: Your VoIPCheap username.
Use Auth ID: YES.

That's it.

Thanks for that.

Here is another tip if you want to present a different phone number in each
of the 4 Gateway accounts available on the "Line 1" configuration page
(SPA3000/3102).

Instead of entering just e.g. sip.voipcheap.com enter
where [phone-number] is one of your
registered numbers with the provider. Thus one is effectively entering both
"User ID" and "Auth ID" in the Gateway setup.

So for instance I have sipgate.co.uk as the default "Proxy and Registration"
account to allow incoming calls (together with the BT landline for incoming)
and voipcheap.com as the Gateway 1 account for most outgoing calls (with BT
failover).

Cheers from Mike

Old November 28th 07, 10:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Mike Sun was thinking very hard :
"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
.uk...

Display name can be whatever you want.

User ID: Your verified number you want displaying.
Auth ID: Your VoIPCheap username.
Use Auth ID: YES.

That's it.

Thanks for that.

Here is another tip if you want to present a different phone number in each
of the 4 Gateway accounts available on the "Line 1" configuration page
(SPA3000/3102).

Instead of entering just e.g. sip.voipcheap.com enter
where [phone-number] is one of your
registered numbers with the provider. Thus one is effectively entering both
"User ID" and "Auth ID" in the Gateway setup.

Brilliant!

Why didn't I think of that?

Cheers