voip.co.uk no longer economic

Old November 24th 07, 09:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Iain

Default voip.co.uk no longer economic

As our UK calls package has now expired and there is no way to renew it,
we're looking for another carrier to make outgoing calls through, at
leat until they pull their fingers out and launch a new package.

Which are the best ones to consider? Mostly calls to landlines, a very
few to mobiles, all UK numbers, peak and off-peak.
Old November 24th 07, 10:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
cybuerke

"Iain" wrote in message
As our UK calls package has now expired and there is no way to renew it,
we're looking for another carrier to make outgoing calls through, at leat
until they pull their fingers out and launch a new package.

Which are the best ones to consider? Mostly calls to landlines, a very few
to mobiles, all UK numbers, peak and off-peak.

If you don't need incoming numbers, it has to be one of the Betamax family.
Voipstunt, Voipdiscount et al.

Old November 24th 07, 10:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

cybuerke wrote:
"Iain" wrote in message
As our UK calls package has now expired and there is no way to renew
it, we're looking for another carrier to make outgoing calls
through, at leat until they pull their fingers out and launch a new
package. Which are the best ones to consider? Mostly calls to landlines,
very few to mobiles, all UK numbers, peak and off-peak.

If you don't need incoming numbers, it has to be one of the Betamax
family. Voipstunt, Voipdiscount et al.

Even if you want incoming numbers the Betamax family will do, just point for
free a number at them.

--
http://www.nhsconfidentiality.org
http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/MetricNow

Old November 25th 07, 01:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Soruk

On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 22:00:20 -0000, cybuerke wrote:

"Iain" wrote in message
. ..
As our UK calls package has now expired and there is no way to renew it,
we're looking for another carrier to make outgoing calls through, at leat
until they pull their fingers out and launch a new package.

Which are the best ones to consider? Mostly calls to landlines, a very few
to mobiles, all UK numbers, peak and off-peak.

If you don't need incoming numbers, it has to be one of the Betamax family.
Voipstunt, Voipdiscount et al.

Seconded. My VoipCheap account has my Tesco Internet Phone number
authenticated for caller ID, and my Trixbox is set up so outgoing calls go
via VoipCheap (with override codes for Tesco, Ekiga and SipBroker), and
inbound calls from Tesco and Ekiga come through to my phones.

(Tesco credit doesn't expire apparently, and the numbers are free. My
IPA1000 came with a 5 voucher, and wasn't locked so I've been able to
reconfigure it as an IAX2 extension to my Trixbox. I had retired it
after getting my Siemens SIP DECT phone, but it might have its use as an
extension.)

Old November 25th 07, 09:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Pete @ www.GymRatZ.co.uk

cybuerke wrote:

Which are the best ones to consider? Mostly calls to landlines, a very few
to mobiles, all UK numbers, peak and off-peak.

If you don't need incoming numbers, it has to be one of the Betamax family.
Voipstunt, Voipdiscount et al.

voipcheap.com here. Free days seems to exceed the standard 120 days
permanantly for me now.

My current status is
"Remaining credit: 19.66 (buy more)"
"Freedays remaining: 347 (info)"

My Average spend (on Mobile calls) is around 25 Euros every 2 months.
That's the same account used for business & domestic outbound calls with
Inbound calls, freephone calls, 0845 etc going through voipfone.co.uk

Never had a problem with regards to reliabillity ov cheap.com

Everyone says how wonderful voip.co.uk support is, but you have to have
problems in order to find this out.
I don't have a clue as to whether voipcheap.com has good support as I
have never had the service fail in the 12 months I've been using it.

Even better now I have got caller-id working through it now!

HTH
Pete
--
http://www.life-fitness-equipment.com - Fitness Equipment by LifeFitness

Old November 25th 07, 01:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Iain

cybuerke wrote:

Which are the best ones to consider? Mostly calls to landlines, a very few
to mobiles, all UK numbers, peak and off-peak.

If you don't need incoming numbers, it has to be one of the Betamax family.
Voipstunt, Voipdiscount et al.

Thanks. How do I go about using a Voipstunt account with an ATA? A PC
application is not really much good.
Old November 25th 07, 01:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Iain

Iain wrote:

Thanks. How do I go about using a Voipstunt account with an ATA? A PC
application is not really much good.

Ignore that. I've found the instructions on their website.
Old November 25th 07, 02:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Trevor Hyde

Iain wrote:

Thanks. How do I go about using a Voipstunt account with an ATA? A PC
application is not really much good.

Ignore that. I've found the instructions on their website.

And once your ATA a/c is up and running, there's no need to keep the app on
your PC , so away with the clutter. :-))

Old November 25th 07, 02:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian Pawson

Iain wrote:
As our UK calls package has now expired and there is no way to renew it,
we're looking for another carrier to make outgoing calls through, at
leat until they pull their fingers out and launch a new package.

Which are the best ones to consider? Mostly calls to landlines, a very
few to mobiles, all UK numbers, peak and off-peak.

Well this happened to me a few months ago. What annoyed me was that they
did not let me know that the package had run out!!
I moved to VoipCheap and was pleased with the much better voice quality
ie no echo either way. I did not use the 1.99 a month it cost me for
calls, so I am better off as well.
Old November 25th 07, 04:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 14:49:19 +0000, Ian Pawson
wrote:

Iain wrote:
As our UK calls package has now expired and there is no way to renew it,
we're looking for another carrier to make outgoing calls through, at
leat until they pull their fingers out and launch a new package.

Which are the best ones to consider? Mostly calls to landlines, a very
few to mobiles, all UK numbers, peak and off-peak.

Well this happened to me a few months ago. What annoyed me was that they
did not let me know that the package had run out!!
I moved to VoipCheap and was pleased with the much better voice quality
ie no echo either way. I did not use the 1.99 a month it cost me for
calls, so I am better off as well.

I have been using Comm's for inbound and voipcheap for outbound for a
couple days now and all is working out extremely well and for very
little cost .
Has someone else here said after so many years of extremly good
service it is a real pity that the company should let the service go
down hill so fast .