[email protected] QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS

Old November 25th 07, 06:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
phpguy

Default [email protected] QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS

hello chaps i got some questions i need to ask abouty asterisk

1) how do i setup a sip trunk with voipbuster when im behind a nat
router ?

2) i enabled the ourtgoung calls recording into wav format but i cant
download them to my pc because i cannot ftp as root and when u enabled
that i dont have access to thje recordings folder by default, how do i
solve that ?

cheers
Old November 25th 07, 07:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

phpguy laid this down on his screen :
hello chaps i got some questions i need to ask abouty asterisk

What version of [email protected]?

1) how do i setup a sip trunk with voipbuster when im behind a nat
router ?

Although the below settings apply to my voipcheap account, voipbuster
is similar

allow=ulaw&alaw
authuser=username
disallow=all
dtmfmode=rfc2833
fromdomain=voipcheap.com
fromuser=myPSTNnumber
host=sip.voipcheap.com
insecure=very
nat=yes
qualify=yes
secret=password
type=friend
username=username

Register:
username

2) i enabled the ourtgoung calls recording into wav format but i cant
download them to my pc because i cannot ftp as root and when u enabled
that i dont have access to thje recordings folder by default, how do i
solve that ?

Download a programme called WinSCP & connect to your Asterisk's IP
address. Log in as root & navigate to the folder
/var/spool/asterisk/monitor (at least that's where the recordings are
on mine)

If you haven't changed to root password, it will be password. Make sure
you change it.

I asked above which version of AAH, as you should be able to access the
recordings from the home screen if you have littlejohn's ARI interface.
This is installed by default on some later releases)
http://www.littlejohnconsulting.com/

Asterisk Recording Interface. A new web-based utility for managing your
voicemail now is included in AMP and can be accessed by clicking
Voicemail & Recordings on the initial AMP screen at the IP address of
your Asterisk system. It also can be accessed at
http://Asterisk-IP-address/recordings/. To log in to the Asterisk
Recording Interface (ARI), just enter an extension number on your
Asterisk system and the password for that extension. From the web
interface, you can manage your voicemail messages including playing
them back, you can review the call log, and you can set your voicemail
password as well as your desired setup for recording calls by setting
the call monitor defaults for this extension. Change your
ari_admin_password on line 53: nano -w
/var/www/html/recordings/includes/main.conf.

http://nerdvittles.com/index.php?p=123

Old November 25th 07, 07:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
phpguy

hello thanks for your advide ill try all those tomorrow

its [email protected] 1.4

Old November 25th 07, 07:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
phpguy

is this too old? shuld i upgrade? which version do u suggest and where
to download it from. by the way i hate trixbox, not even as a joke
Old November 25th 07, 08:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

phpguy pretended :
is this too old? shuld i upgrade? which version do u suggest and where
to download it from. by the way i hate trixbox, not even as a joke

If you want call recording to work reliably, then version 2.7 is the
one to go for.

From 2.8 up (& on trixbox, I believe) you cannot record a call that is
directed to a ring group.

Version 2.7 install instructions here
http://nerdvittles.com/index.php?p=123

I have 2.7 running on a full install of CentOS 4.5 - complete with a
desktop environment, KDE

Old November 26th 07, 04:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
phpguy

i see including calls directed to call queues? but 2.7 supports that
right ?

ill test it and let u know thanks
Old November 26th 07, 04:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
phpguy

one more question if you dont mind, after i download or install 2.7
how do i configure walke up calls ?

is it a click and o procedure or i got to edit config files ? by the
way walke up calls didnt work on my 1.4 by default or even after
editing confdig files

i hope 2.7 is differeent

cheers

Old November 26th 07, 05:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
phpguy

allow=ulaw&alaw
authuser=username
disallow=all
dtmfmode=rfc2833
fromdomain=voipcheap.com

fromuser=myPSTNnumber -----------------------

///i dont have a pstn number with voipbuster only a username do i
input that threre then?

cheers

host=sip.voipcheap.com
insecure=very
nat=yes
qualify=yes
secret=password
type=friend
username=username
Old November 26th 07, 07:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

phpguy wrote on 26/11/2007 :
allow=ulaw&alaw
authuser=username
disallow=all
dtmfmode=rfc2833
fromdomain=voipcheap.com

fromuser=myPSTNnumber -----------------------

///i dont have a pstn number with voipbuster only a username do i
input that there then?

Sorry, I should have been more specific. If you have a mobile or
regular landline number which you have authenticated for outgoing CLI,
then this is the place to put it.

Old November 26th 07, 07:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

It happens that phpguy formulated :
one more question if you dont mind, after i download or install 2.7
how do i configure walke up calls ?

Wakeup Calls Good News & Bad News. The good news is that [email protected]
2.7 includes the latest version of the Wakeup Call program, and the
default setup works. Just dial *62. The bad news is that the "annoy"
option which is supposed to force the user to key in a number to prove
they're awake still doesn't work.

from http://nerdvittles.com/index.php?p=123

is it a click and o procedure or i got to edit config files ? by the
way walke up calls didnt work on my 1.4 by default or even after
editing confdig files

i hope 2.7 is different

Well, it works on mine. I have just tested it.