VOIP.CO.UK - Now completely useless to me !!

Old December 2nd 07, 10:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham

Default VOIP.CO.UK - Now completely useless to me !!

I've been a loyal customer of voip.co.uk for a couple of years and
have been very pleased with their previous reliability.

The last couple of weeks have been a nightmare. My problems have
included my ATA not staying registered, even with the latest firmware
and now most of my calls not connecting or taking almost one minute to
do so. I tried ringing my BT landline and gave up after one minute of
nothing happening. 25 minutes later my BT landline rang with the
caller ID showing my voip number. From comments seen it would appear
that a large number of customers are having the same or similar
problems.

In it's present form, the service is of no use to me and it is with
regret that if things don't improve quickly, I will be looking for
another provider.

Am I alone in thinking that the new platform brought into service was
rushed and obviously not correctly tested before being unleashed on
their customers? I am really glad that I still have a BT line and feel
greatly sorry for those who have moved over to voip exclusively with
this company.

Graham.

Old December 2nd 07, 11:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.

"Graham" wrote in message
idual.de...
[...]

A number of contributors to this group jumped ship a while back.
The problems seem to go back to at least August.

--
Graham

%Profound_observation%

Old December 2nd 07, 11:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Michael

Graham wrote:

[...]

I to am a customer of voip.co.uk - I moved over to the beta setup a few
weeks ago and had one or two registration issues at the beginning.
Since then, I have had no problems what so ever - and I use their
service as my main phone (have mobile for backup).

I use a Linksys PAP2T through Virgin Media cable modem and a Belkin
wireless router ....

I have now moved back to the proxy platform - and no problems to report.

i note others as yourself have latency issues -what setup do you
have? Could it be geographic?? I'm in the Ipswich area of Suffolk.

Mick

Old December 2nd 07, 11:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Linker3000

It sure has been a trying time and I think they have done their
reputation a great deal of damage. Our Asterisk servers and one
directly-connected Draytek 2600V have been all over the place. Things
seem to be getting better but the way the roll out of the new platform
went has been far from smooth.

I think we would have ported out except for the hassle of getting the
numbers moved.

If voip.co.uk sort things out within a very short timeframe I'll stick
with them (about 10 numbers), but I'm not a happy bunny and neither are
my users.
Old December 2nd 07, 12:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Steve in Herts

On Sun, 02 Dec 2007 10:33:49 +0000, Graham
wrote:

[...]

Apart from a delay of a few seconds before I get a ringing tone, I
haven't had any problems at all for the past few weeks.

I do auto-reboot the MTA overnight as I have in the past had to
manually re-boot it.

Steve
Old December 2nd 07, 02:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Woody

"Michael" wrote in message
Graham wrote:

[...]

Slightly OT - how the h*ll did you get your ATA to work through a
Belkin? I struggled for nearly three months with both Voip and Sipgate
with no luck before I get a Netgear and it solved all of my problems/

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

Old December 2nd 07, 02:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
tony sayer

Mick
Slightly OT - how the h*ll did you get your ATA to work through a
Belkin? I struggled for nearly three months with both Voip and Sipgate
with no luck before I get a Netgear and it solved all of my problems/

Port blocking possibly?..
--
Tony Sayer

Old December 2nd 07, 07:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Woody

"tony sayer" wrote in message

Mick
Slightly OT - how the h*ll did you get your ATA to work through a
Belkin? I struggled for nearly three months with both Voip and Sipgate
with no luck before I get a Netgear and it solved all of my problems/

Port blocking possibly?..
--
Tony Sayer

That's the problem with a Belkin. It will only let you forward one port
to one internal IP address - if you need three then it don't work.

On the other hand the Netgear lets you do what you like.

Old December 2nd 07, 11:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
acdeag

wrote:

[...]

I have had no problems at all. I use a Fritzbox ATA.

Old December 3rd 07, 01:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Malcolm Loades

In message , acdeag
writes

I have had no problems at all. I use a Fritzbox ATA.

I too use a Fritzbox but have had the delayed connection problem (you
don't receive ringing tone until a minute/s after dialling). However,
it took some time before I experienced it! I use voip.co.uk for
incoming calls and another voip provider for outgoing calls (voip.co.uk
really are quite expensive for numbers I call regularly) so I didn't
experience the delay until I dialled 121 which my rules say should be
routed via voip.co.uk and not the other voip provider. Do you route all
outgoing calls via voip.co.uk?