How to Pause or Wait during dial in a Dial Plan for SPA3102

Old December 6th 07, 08:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mike Sun

Default How to Pause or Wait during dial in a Dial Plan for SPA3102

The SPA3102 has so many parameters that one feels it should be able to do
anything. But how to you get a pause in the middle of a transmitted sequence
of digits in a dial plan?

This would be useful if one has to wait for a secondary dial tone so for
instance; wait for that second dial tone and then continue with further
digits.

Any comments or advice on this would be most welcome. Cheers from Mike

Old December 7th 07, 01:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Mike Sun" wrote in message
.uk
: : The SPA3102 has so many parameters that one feels it
: : should be able to do anything. But how to you get a
: : pause in the middle of a transmitted sequence of digits
: : in a dial plan?
: :
: : This would be useful if one has to wait for a secondary
: : dial tone so for instance; wait for that second dial
: : tone and then continue with further digits.
: :
: : Any comments or advice on this would be most welcome.
: : Cheers from Mike

IIRC a comma in a dial string will wait for a second dial tone, but not
certain. Someone will be along shortly to confirm I'm sure.

Ivor

Old December 7th 07, 11:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Fri, 7 Dec 2007 01:39:21 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:

"Mike Sun" wrote in message
o.uk
: : The SPA3102 has so many parameters that one feels it
: : should be able to do anything. But how to you get a
: : pause in the middle of a transmitted sequence of digits
: : in a dial plan?
: :
: : This would be useful if one has to wait for a secondary
: : dial tone so for instance; wait for that second dial
: : tone and then continue with further digits.
: :
: : Any comments or advice on this would be most welcome.
: : Cheers from Mike

IIRC a comma in a dial string will wait for a second dial tone, but not
certain. Someone will be along shortly to confirm I'm sure.

Ivor

It is possible to have a 'warm line' set up.
Here you can have the box access a specific number, after a preset
delay of your choice, if no dialling is done.
For example, you may decide to have your system call
080811111111 after a 4 second delay. If you dial before that time then
this call will not be made.
This would be the rule:-
P4 :080811111111
If this were a 'callthrough' number then all you would have to do is
lift the handset, wait 4 seconds and then you should hear the prompt
from the callthrough provider shortly after that. You then dial your
number. You can route your call via a particular gateway simply by
adding this to the rule above
:@gwX
where X is the gateway number. If it is '0' it will route via your
landline.

Ivor has indicated that it is possible to have a second dial tone come
up. This is usually afer dialling an access code.
This
#01,:xx.:@gw1
will connect you to gateway 1 provider if you dial #01
You will hear a new dialling tone.
However, there is no need for a pause - you can carry on dialling the
number you require and it will route via the provider you have set on
gateway 1. e.g. #01456789 as a complete string will dial 456789 via
gateway 1.

The only thing you can't do is route a number automatically through a
'callthrough' with no dialling of that number.
e.g. Call 0800111111 wait 7 seconds then 0870123456, after dialling a
short code to trigger it, such as #2, is NOT possible.

---
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
---

Old December 7th 07, 01:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mike Sun

Thanks Brian for the "heads up" on the warm line technique - sorry about the
"empty" previous reply of mine where I accidentally hit send before typing
anything.

I now use the warm line method to give me a real (not simulated) BT dial
tone after 4 seconds in the following configuration:-

Line 1 Tab Settings:-

Dial Plan:-
(P4:#9S0:@gw0|12,:x.|0x.:@gw1|9,:x.:@gw 0|#9S0:@gw0|x)

PSTN Line Tab Settings:-
- Dial Plans - Dial Plan 2: - (#9::,|x.)
- VoIP-To-PSTN Gateway Setup - Line 1 VoIP Caller DP: - 2

So if I want BT I just wait the 4 seconds for the BT dial tone. This is
useful on my Panasonic DECT phone as it allows me to use the phone book
without pre-programming a prefix (9 or #9).

I like the option of actaul BT call progress tones as sometimes there are
voice messages, etc that can be missed if relying entirely on ATA generated
call progress tones.

Cheers from Mike