VOXALOT - service prov registered but...

Old December 6th 07, 03:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
gak

Default VOXALOT - service prov registered but...

Hi

I've created my Voxalot account and put 2 providers. One for outgoing
(Voipdiscount.com) second for incoming calls.

The socond one is a local (polish) provider who gave me a phone no.

On the voxalot that second prov status is shown as "Registered". Using
smart call (dial plans) I can switch between the prov, to make a
connection and it works on both. But when I dial my pho no. which I was
given by the 2 prov, the signal is like I was not registered... even
when the voxalot status shows that I am.

Any ideas what to do?

I use Linksys RTP300 as my gateway.

Gak.

View this thread: http://www.wirelessforums.org/showthread.php?t=33873
http://www.wirelessforums.org

Old December 6th 07, 10:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.

"gak" wrote in message

Hi

I've created my Voxalot account and put 2 providers. One for outgoing
(Voipdiscount.com) second for incoming calls.

The socond one is a local (polish) provider who gave me a phone no.

On the voxalot that second prov status is shown as "Registered". Using
smart call (dial plans) I can switch between the prov, to make a
connection and it works on both. But when I dial my pho no. which I was
given by the 2 prov, the signal is like I was not registered... even
when the voxalot status shows that I am.

Any ideas what to do?

I use Linksys RTP300 as my gateway.

Gak.

Did you pay Voxalot for a single registration?
--
Graham

%Profound_observation%

Old December 7th 07, 12:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
TheFug

Graham. schreef:
"gak" wrote in message
Hi

I've created my Voxalot account and put 2 providers. One for outgoing
(Voipdiscount.com) second for incoming calls.

The socond one is a local (polish) provider who gave me a phone no.

On the voxalot that second prov status is shown as "Registered". Using
smart call (dial plans) I can switch between the prov, to make a
connection and it works on both. But when I dial my pho no. which I was
given by the 2 prov, the signal is like I was not registered... even
when the voxalot status shows that I am.

Any ideas what to do?

I use Linksys RTP300 as my gateway.

Gak.

Did you pay Voxalot for a single registration?

Ah, better use MySIPSwitch then, completely free great service....

--
The Fug.
Old December 7th 07, 01:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Soruk

On Fri, 07 Dec 2007 01:50:09 +0100, TheFug wrote:
Graham. schreef:
"gak" wrote in message
Hi

I've created my Voxalot account and put 2 providers. One for outgoing
(Voipdiscount.com) second for incoming calls.

The socond one is a local (polish) provider who gave me a phone no.

On the voxalot that second prov status is shown as "Registered". Using
smart call (dial plans) I can switch between the prov, to make a
connection and it works on both. But when I dial my pho no. which I was
given by the 2 prov, the signal is like I was not registered... even
when the voxalot status shows that I am.

Any ideas what to do?

I use Linksys RTP300 as my gateway.

Gak.

Did you pay Voxalot for a single registration?

Ah, better use MySIPSwitch then, completely free great service....

But unfortunately for the most part incompatible with Betamax services.
I used MySIPSwitch for a while - no complaints at all with their service -
but after getting nowhere trying to get it to work with Voipcheap.com I
set up my own Trixbox machine.

Old December 7th 07, 09:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
gak

Graham.;173737 Wrote: [color=blue]
"gak" wrote in message

Did you pay Voxalot for a single registration?
--
Graham

%Profound_observation%

Yes I have a PREMIUM account. with the free optionI wasn't even able to
set SIP register in any of providers.

Old December 7th 07, 11:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 22:09:32 -0000, "Graham." wrote:

"gak" wrote in message

Hi

I've created my Voxalot account and put 2 providers. One for outgoing
(Voipdiscount.com) second for incoming calls.

The socond one is a local (polish) provider who gave me a phone no.

On the voxalot that second prov status is shown as "Registered". Using
smart call (dial plans) I can switch between the prov, to make a
connection and it works on both. But when I dial my pho no. which I was
given by the 2 prov, the signal is like I was not registered... even
when the voxalot status shows that I am.

What do you mean by 'the signal is like I was not registered'?
If you weren't registered then, usually, your call would be received
by the provider's voicemail system.
Have you checked out your Polish provider set up before registering on
Voxalot? You could unregister and try that. If that fails then try
contacting your SIP number (as distinct from your PSTN access number).
To do this check out the Sipbroker listings and see if your Polish
provider is listed. From that you can get the access code and dial via
Sipbroker, from Voxalot or a Sipbroker PSTN access number, into your
Polish SIP number directly - thereby separating it from the Polish
PSTN number. That might tell you whether you have a problem with the
Polish provider SIP or the Polish PSTN number.
Sipbroker access codes:
http://tinyurl.com/379b43
You can access PSTN access from there also via the menu.

Any ideas what to do?

I use Linksys RTP300 as my gateway.

Gak.

Did you pay Voxalot for a single registration?

If it is shown as 'registered' then he must have paid.
If you try to register a provider and have not paid there is
notification.

---
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
---
Old December 7th 07, 01:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.

Did you pay Voxalot for a single registration?

If it is shown as 'registered' then he must have paid.
If you try to register a provider and have not paid there is
notification.

I suppose what I was alluding to, is what might happen
if the O/G provider account tried to register as well,
would it de-register the I/C account?
--
Graham

%Profound_observation%

Old December 7th 07, 09:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
TheFug

Graham. schreef:
"gak" wrote in message
[...]

I got it working with Voipcheap too, i even can let VoipBuster ring out
to a cellphone number via MySIPSwitch, but i recently did hear, that the
300 min. limit gets screwed up through the same IP "bug"? don't know if
this done intentional by these betamax providers, or a "system" bug ...

--
The Fug.
Old December 7th 07, 09:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
TheFug

Graham. schreef:
"gak" wrote in message
[...]

btw... Trixbox.. i guess then you have no feature limit ? what about
these asterisk embedded Linksys WRT54 ? also multi sip providers possible ?

--
The Fug.
Old December 7th 07, 10:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Soruk

On Fri, 07 Dec 2007 22:34:21 +0100, TheFug wrote:
Soruk schreef:
On Fri, 07 Dec 2007 01:50:09 +0100, TheFug wrote:
Ah, better use MySIPSwitch then, completely free great service....

But unfortunately for the most part incompatible with Betamax services.
I used MySIPSwitch for a while - no complaints at all with their service -
but after getting nowhere trying to get it to work with Voipcheap.com I
set up my own Trixbox machine.

btw... Trixbox.. i guess then you have no feature limit ? what about
these asterisk embedded Linksys WRT54 ? also multi sip providers possible ?

I've got mine working with three outgoing routes (VoipCheap, Tesco, Ekiga)
and two inbound routes (Tesco and Ekiga), with the Tesco number
authenticated as a caller-ID number for VoipCheap. I've not played with
Asterisk on a WRT54, my router is a Netgear DG834GT with the 1.02.09-based
UberGT firmware. The feature limits are basically what the little machine
is capable of (it's an old 500MHz Thinkpad), and whatever FreePBX's limits
are.