Net2Phone voiceline SIP softphone

Old December 9th 07, 02:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default Net2Phone voiceline SIP softphone

Hi,
I am looking for a softphone which has support for STUN and G.729 and
which is able to register to the Net2phone voiceline service.

I know eyeBeam is not compatible, has anybody tried a compatible
softphone?
Thanks,

Marc
Old December 9th 07, 06:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gordon Henderson

In article ,
wrote:
Hi,
I am looking for a softphone which has support for STUN and G.729 and
which is able to register to the Net2phone voiceline service.

I know eyeBeam is not compatible, has anybody tried a compatible
softphone?

You probably won't get a free one that supports g729 due to patent
issues.

However eyeBeam does support g729 according to the documentation on
their site, but you have to pay for it. I don't know why it wouldn't be
compatable with Net2phone unless they don't use SIP ...

Gordon
Old December 11th 07, 08:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On 129, 10ʱ59, wrote:
I am looking for a softphone which has support for STUN and G.729 and
which is able to register to the Net2phone voiceline service.

I know eyeBeam is not compatible, has anybody tried a compatible
softphone?

first of all, does net2phone use sip? I don't think so. That's why
eyebeam don't support it.

Leon