Getting MAC Code from Virgin

Old December 13th 07, 10:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tom Piper

Default Getting MAC Code from Virgin

Handed in my one months notice on 8th December 2 emails,two phone
conversations later and I'm still waiting.Ofcom tomorrow if nothing is
forthcoming.Account all paid up by credit card so no need for delay.

Advice for anyone looking to change ISP --- AVOID VIRGIN LIKE THE PLAGUE --
Just take a look at the ratings at the following web site to see just how
cra* they a- http://dslzoneuk.net/isp_ratings.php

Old December 14th 07, 11:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gonz

"Tom Piper" wrote in message
Handed in my one months notice on 8th December 2 emails,two phone
conversations later and I'm still waiting.Ofcom tomorrow if nothing is
forthcoming.Account all paid up by credit card so no need for delay.

Did they say they would give you your MAC code?
From what you're sayin, it sounds like they must have.
There's an OFCOM ruling that they have to give it you within so many
days.

Advice for anyone looking to change ISP --- AVOID VIRGIN LIKE THE
PLAGUE -- Just take a look at the ratings at the following web site
to see just how cra* they a- http://dslzoneuk.net/isp_ratings.php

We already know...

Old December 14th 07, 12:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike

"Gonz" T o p @ S e c r e t . c o m wrote in message

"Tom Piper" wrote in message
Handed in my one months notice on 8th December 2 emails,two phone
conversations later and I'm still waiting.Ofcom tomorrow if nothing is
forthcoming.Account all paid up by credit card so no need for delay.

Did they say they would give you your MAC code?
From what you're sayin, it sounds like they must have.
There's an OFCOM ruling that they have to give it you within so many days.

Advice for anyone looking to change ISP --- AVOID VIRGIN LIKE THE
PLAGUE -- Just take a look at the ratings at the following web site to
see just how cra* they a- http://dslzoneuk.net/isp_ratings.php

We already know...

I got my MAC code the following day which really suprised me. I was unsure
about leaving as I had been with NTL for about 8 years but they wouldn't
tell me when the service was going to get back up to speed. After averaging
less than 300kbps late last night on a 7000kbps profile I am rather glad I
did give notice. The best I have had for the last few weeks has been just
over 3000kbps and it is rapidly getting worse. Good job I don't bother with
video or music downloads.

Old December 14th 07, 02:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 12:04:39 GMT, "Mike"
wrote:

I got my MAC code the following day which really suprised me. I was unsure
about leaving as I had been with NTL for about 8 years but they wouldn't
tell me when the service was going to get back up to speed. After averaging
less than 300kbps late last night on a 7000kbps profile I am rather glad I
did give notice. The best I have had for the last few weeks has been just
over 3000kbps and it is rapidly getting worse. Good job I don't bother with
video or music downloads.

They are covered with the " UPTO" and legally only need to supply you
with less than 512 and no customer can do anything about but tell them
to stuff it . The "UPTO"I feel is totally wrong but I can live with
that and contention issues I can also live with and also network
problems but when a company deliberately installs a system that cuts a
customers speed deliberately to me that is nothing short of robbery.
It really is time some outside body got to grips with ALL ISP's who
fail to provide what a customer signs upto and pays for and I also
feel the UPTO should be worded something like 15 Mb up to20 Mb or
whatever not just an ambiguous UPTO .
Old December 14th 07, 04:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
national treasure

"Tom Piper" wrote in message
Handed in my one months notice on 8th December 2 emails,two phone
conversations later and I'm still waiting.Ofcom tomorrow if nothing is
forthcoming.Account all paid up by credit card so no need for delay.

Advice for anyone looking to change ISP --- AVOID VIRGIN LIKE THE
PLAGUE -- Just take a look at the ratings at the following web site to
see just how cra* they a- http://dslzoneuk.net/isp_ratings.php

Surprised to see an old faithful like Demon towards the bottom of the list,
how times change.

Also, surprising to see Eclipse 4th from the end - surely they should be
last?

Old December 14th 07, 05:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 16:38:10 -0000, "national treasure"
wrote:

Surprised to see an old faithful like Demon towards the bottom of the list,
how times change.

You mean old crap don't you ? Demon provided crap service in dial up
days before BB was invented beck then that Warrington ISP ran by a Dr
somebody or other was the best by a long way .

Old December 14th 07, 11:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Soruk

"Tom Piper" wrote in message
Handed in my one months notice on 8th December 2 emails,two phone
conversations later and I'm still waiting.Ofcom tomorrow if nothing is
forthcoming.Account all paid up by credit card so no need for delay.

Advice for anyone looking to change ISP --- AVOID VIRGIN LIKE THE
PLAGUE -- Just take a look at the ratings at the following web site to
see just how cra* they a- http://dslzoneuk.net/isp_ratings.php

Surprised to see an old faithful like Demon towards the bottom of the list,
how times change.

I'm on Demon. My speeds aren't great, indeed I have to do devious things
to my router to sync at 2016Kbps, which will get me a 1.75Mbit BRAS
profile. No way is that Demon's fault though.

Last time I needed their support service, well over a year ago, I had no
complaints with it, everything got sorted.

I know I can get a cheaper deal, but can I get a better one for what I
want? I've looked, but I think I'm best staying where I am.

Old December 19th 07, 07:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter James

"Tom Piper" wrote in message
Handed in my one months notice on 8th December 2 emails,two phone
conversations later and I'm still waiting.Ofcom tomorrow if nothing is
forthcoming.Account all paid up by credit card so no need for delay.

I phoned VM on Monday morning (17th) and received my MAC yesterday
afternoon.

Old December 19th 07, 09:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

I got my MAC code the following day which really suprised me. I was unsure
about leaving as I had been with NTL for about 8 years but they wouldn't
tell me when the service was going to get back up to speed. After averaging
less than 300kbps late last night on a 7000kbps profile I am rather glad I
did give notice. The best I have had for the last few weeks has been just
over 3000kbps and it is rapidly getting worse. Good job I don't bother with
video or music downloads.

Hey, why don't you do like the rest of us ?
Turn your life upside down and get up at 5am in the morning and then
you'll see that VM broadband is superfast !
I always get up to 6mbps in the mornings..this plummets back to about
300kbps in the evenings..have to stay up ...(yawn)...until after 12am
in the evenings ......and then it ....(yawn)...speed's up
agai.....Zzzzzzzzz.....

Jokingly aside I asked for my MAC and got it the next day, I've been
with them over eight years.

Not used it though... ;-(

Jim.