Virgin Media internal enquiry

Old December 14th 07, 11:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gonz

Default Virgin Media internal enquiry

seems they should have informed customers about STM but chose not to,
and there's an internal enquiry going on in the company about it.
Best part is... the OP who made the post in virgin's feedback group has
mysteriously dissapeared, and his posts have been deleted off the
server.

Question is, where have they buried him, and who deleted the evidence?
)
Twilight Zone music

Well,

Just got off the phone with Virgin Media customer liaison as I'm
leaving,
had a good 30 minutes conversation.

I asked why 'NO' customer of Virgin Media had been informed in
writing|post
of the Broadband traffic management policies that have been in place for
sometime and now have been made even more restrictive, I was informed
that
they was not aware of any restrictions on the Broadband service, they
also
said that it's 'unlimited' so they said I must be mistaken, I was then
told
that Virgin Media are not allow to change their terms of service without
notifying all their customers first. I then gave her the link posted by
Alex
Brown, to which she ask if so could call be back.

15 minutes later I got a call, this time it was a male, he started off
by
apologizing about not informing me about Broadband management, I said
again
that no-one was informed in writing|post. He said that an internal
investigation was being setup to find out why as (he repeated what she
said
before) no changes are allowed to terms of service without notifying
customers. I told he about Alex Brown, he replied I've never heard of
that
person, I ask for clarification about terms of service, he said no
changes
to our services can be implemented without first notifying the customers
first, he went on to say that this has clearly had not happened in this
case
nor had any of the staff been informed.

I then asked to cancel all services with VM, to which (surprisingly) was
told, I can't blame you, but could I wait 1 more month until the
investigation is complete. I said No, to which I was offered all
services
for free this month, of course I said fair enough

Ended call.

--

repost

I've just done a personal survey of 10 people I know on Virgin Media,
not
one visits these forums or the Virgin Media website and none knew about
STM.
Once I explained to them what it's all about and gave them the link
supplied
by Alex Brown, all but 2 are now leaving VM. I am also leaving, as we
have 4
Computers in this house, 2 for the kids who like to download most of the
time and game, 1 is mine for online gaming and watching films on a rent
online service, my wife also does similar to me (different taste in
films).
STM kicks in very quickly in this household, which causes the films we
are
watching to freeze and become unwatchable as we now don't have enough
bandwidth left.We are the typical family, so if we are unable to use our
connection for what we want and pay good money for then what's the point
in
staying?

end

So Alex Brown|Virgin Media can't claim they've done any surveys about
STM if
'NO-ONE' knows about it, except a very small percentage (I would guess
less
than 1%) of Virgin Media customers, also according to their own staff
'they
are in breach of contact'. I will be contacting trading standards this
afternoon, to get their look on this mess.

Invalid

Old December 14th 07, 11:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Gonz wrote:

STM kicks in very quickly in this household, which causes the films we
are watching to freeze and become unwatchable as we now don't have enough
bandwidth left.

STM affects the TV too ?

Graham