Ron Chew - BANNED from voip.co.uk forum

Old December 15th 07, 06:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Al Paca

Default Ron Chew - BANNED from voip.co.uk forum

As title.

Now if only we could get rid of him from here as well :-(

Old December 15th 07, 07:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Harry Stottle

"Al Paca" wrote in message
idual.de...
As title.

Now if only we could get rid of him from here as well :-(

You can do, just put him in your blocked senders list, and if he changes
his identity, just add the new identity to the list, it only takes a
couple of seconds. Unfortunately, I have had to put Ivor in as well,
because he kept replying to him, and included Ron's rantings in his
replies, but since doing that, I very very rarely see any of Ron's
rubbish now, and the group seems much better for it.

Old December 15th 07, 07:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Suzy

"Harry Stottle" wrote in message

"Al Paca" wrote in message
idual.de...
As title.

Now if only we could get rid of him from here as well :-(

You can do, just put him in your blocked senders list, and if he changes
his identity, just add the new identity to the list, it only takes a
couple of seconds. Unfortunately, I have had to put Ivor in as well,
because he kept replying to him, and included Ron's rantings in his
replies, but since doing that, I very very rarely see any of Ron's rubbish
now, and the group seems much better for it.

Yes, an old problem. We have two very nasty individuals on aus.electronics.
Of course, I put them in my blocked list but others will keep replying and
quoting them in full, and thus their nastiness still invades my desktop. I
grumbled about this only to be told "who are you to censor?". Fair point I
suppose but sigh...

Old December 15th 07, 08:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Harry Stottle wrote:
"Al Paca" wrote in message
idual.de...
As title.

Now if only we could get rid of him from here as well :-(

You can do, just put him in your blocked senders list, and if he
changes his identity, just add the new identity to the list, it only
takes a couple of seconds. Unfortunately, I have had to put Ivor in
as well, because he kept replying to him, and included Ron's rantings
in his replies, but since doing that, I very very rarely see any of
Ron's rubbish now, and the group seems much better for it.

Same here, they are both blocked, and as you say, this place is so much
better for it.

--
Worried about debt?
http://www.cccs.co.uk

Old December 16th 07, 10:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Al Paca

On Sat, 15 Dec 2007 18:13:34 GMT, "Harry Stottle"
wrote:

You can do, just put him in your blocked senders list, and if he changes
his identity, just add the new identity to the list, it only takes a
couple of seconds.

I've already done this and it's fine in theory but falls down for two
reasons.

1) People keep replying to him instead of ignoring the drivel, and

2) People keep quoting large blocks or entire messages of his.

If we could train ourselves not to do this the group could get on with
it's original charter purpose.

Old December 16th 07, 07:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On Sat, 15 Dec 2007 17:53:25 +0000, Al Paca
wrote:

As title.

Now if only we could get rid of him from here as well :-(

Get your facts right before you post total nonsense PILLOCK
I was in the forum less than a hour ago .
Old December 16th 07, 10:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Rob

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
.uk...
--
Worried about debt?
http://www.cccs.co.uk

Not wishing this to appear as spamming, and it's OT, but picking up on your
sig, another very useful site for those having problems with credit card
debt and similar is http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk
or more specifcally http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk.../general-debt/
where you will find many people challenging the legality of the enforcement
of their debts by various creditors and Debt Collection Agencies, and
winning!

Rob