BT Speedtest

Old December 16th 07, 11:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike

Default BT Speedtest

Unexpected result received when querying the network to find your services
connection details. Please try again shortly, but if this problem persists
raise the issue with your service provider

This is all I ever get for the last few weeks. As I am currently with
Virginmedia on their 19.99 package it is costly (with their premium rate
numbers) and pointless getting in touch with them. Hope I fare better when I
migrate to the post office, it certainly couldn't be worse. Profile of
7000kbps and just getting download of 625kbps this morning which is double
the speed I was getting in the early hours

Old December 16th 07, 11:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
dirk

Lucky you.
I can only dream about that kind of speed on VM.

on http://www.speedtest.net/ it says i have a 130 kbps down and 280kbps up
which are more like ISDN speeds instead of ADSL speeds.
I am only half a mile from the exchange

And it takes ages to load this pages

I think it is time to move to Be unlimted

Old December 16th 07, 12:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Virginner

"dirk" wrote in message
Lucky you.
I can only dream about that kind of speed on VM.

on http://www.speedtest.net/ it says i have a 130 kbps down and 280kbps
up which are more like ISDN speeds instead of ADSL speeds.
I am only half a mile from the exchange

And it takes ages to load this pages

130 kpbs? Luxury. I'm only getting:

96 kilo bits per second (Kbps)...

It's *so* rubbish.

Old December 16th 07, 01:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Virginner wrote:

"Mike" wrote

Unexpected result received when querying the network to find your
services connection details. Please try again shortly, but if this
problem persists raise the issue with your service provider

This is all I ever get for the last few weeks. As I am currently with
Virginmedia on their 19.99 package it is costly (with their premium rate
numbers) and pointless getting in touch with them. Hope I fare better
when I migrate to the post office, it certainly couldn't be worse.
Profile of 7000kbps and just getting download of 625kbps this morning
which is double the speed I was getting in the early hours

"dirk" wrote

Lucky you.
I can only dream about that kind of speed on VM.

on http://www.speedtest.net/ it says i have a 130 kbps down and 280kbps
up which are more like ISDN speeds instead of ADSL speeds.
I am only half a mile from the exchange

And it takes ages to load this pages

130 kpbs? Luxury. I'm only getting:

96 kilo bits per second (Kbps)...

It's *so* rubbish.

Why do you put up with it ?

Graham

Old December 16th 07, 04:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
dirk

I am not going to put up with it.
Writing the letter to cancel my virgin subscription and going to ask for my
MAC code to go to another provider.

"Eeyore" wrote in message

"Mike" wrote

Old December 16th 07, 04:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike

"dirk" wrote in message
I am not going to put up with it.
Writing the letter to cancel my virgin subscription and going to ask for
my MAC code to go to another provider.

"Eeyore" wrote in message

Virginner wrote:

"Mike" wrote

[...]

I am away to the Post Office Broadband & Phone service on the 28th - Irish
Call centre staff and no premium rate number to report any faults.
Mike

Old December 16th 07, 05:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Mike wrote:

"dirk" wrote in message
I am not going to put up with it.
Writing the letter to cancel my virgin subscription and going to ask for
my MAC code to go to another provider.

"Eeyore" wrote in message

Virginner wrote:

"Mike" wrote

[...]