voicemail

Old December 17th 07, 12:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
bob garbutt

Default voicemail

hi,

Anyone using voicemail with sipgate and a spa101? I used to have Vonage
with a Motorola ata, and I received a voicemail I used to get a envelope
showing on the lcd screen of my dect phone, but since using Sigate this
does not happen, there is a switch in the ata for under user saying
message waiting, if this is set message waiting Yes, it brings up a
envelope icon and a voicemail message tone, but this happens even though
there is no new message.

Cheers, Bob
Old December 17th 07, 01:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alexd

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 12:15:07 +0000, bob garbutt wrote:

Anyone using voicemail with sipgate and a spa101? I used to have Vonage
with a Motorola ata, and I received a voicemail I used to get a envelope
showing on the lcd screen of my dect phone, but since using Sigate this
does not happen, there is a switch in the ata for under user saying
message waiting, if this is set message waiting Yes, it brings up a
envelope icon and a voicemail message tone, but this happens even though
there is no new message.

Do you have another account you can test the SPA101 with, just to make
sure it's not a problem at the other end? Alternatively, can the Motorola
ATA be unlocked to work with Sipgate? Either of these steps would prove
off either the ATA or the service.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
13:37:53 up 36 days, 2:18, 2 users, load average: 0.04, 0.09, 0.18
Old December 17th 07, 02:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
bob garbutt

alexd wrote:
On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 12:15:07 +0000, bob garbutt wrote:

Anyone using voicemail with sipgate and a spa101? I used to have Vonage
with a Motorola ata, and I received a voicemail I used to get a envelope
showing on the lcd screen of my dect phone, but since using Sigate this
does not happen, there is a switch in the ata for under user saying
message waiting, if this is set message waiting Yes, it brings up a
envelope icon and a voicemail message tone, but this happens even though
there is no new message.

Do you have another account you can test the SPA101 with, just to make
sure it's not a problem at the other end? Alternatively, can the Motorola
ATA be unlocked to work with Sipgate? Either of these steps would prove
off either the ATA or the service.

I think it might be the settings on the sipura, I know the phone is
ok, would like to keep with my present ata, it's very good otherwise
Old December 17th 07, 02:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"bob garbutt" wrote in message
. uk
: : hi,
: :
: : Anyone using voicemail with sipgate and a spa101? I
: : used to have Vonage with a Motorola ata, and I received
: : a voicemail I used to get a envelope showing on the lcd
: : screen of my dect phone, but since using Sigate this
: : does not happen, there is a switch in the ata for under
: : user saying message waiting, if this is set message
: : waiting Yes, it brings up a envelope icon and a
: : voicemail message tone, but this happens even though
: : there is no new message.
: :
: : Cheers, Bob

Do you mean the SPA-1001..? Not familiar with a 101.

I use a 1001 and it works fine, although I confess I don't use the
voicemail option, I prefer voicemail delivery by email.

Ivor

Old December 17th 07, 02:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
bob garbutt

Ivor Jones wrote:
[...]

Hi,

I think the spa 101 it very much like the pap2, I would like the option
to have the voicemail to also work on the phone, so that she can check
the voicemail over the phone, she does not check her email every days,
by the way have a nice Xmas and New Year, Bob

PS have put any switches on the ata that mention MWI to on