Windows Homer Server and Providers blocking the required ports

Old December 17th 07, 03:37 PM
CadmannUK CadmannUK is offline
Junior Member

Default Windows Homer Server and Providers blocking the required ports

Hi All,

Do any of you have a list of the ISP that are allowing Windows Home Server to use ports 80, 443 and 4125.

I'm with TalkTalk and I can't seem to access my WHS PC remotely and I think it might be TalkTalk blocking these ports.

Cheers

CAD
Old December 18th 07, 08:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Soruk

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 15:37:49 +0000, CadmannUK wrote:

Hi All,

Do any of you have a list of the ISP that are allowing Windows Home
Server to use ports 80, 443 and 4125.

I'm with TalkTalk and I can't seem to access my WHS PC remotely and I
think it might be TalkTalk blocking these ports.

I'm on Demon - no problem with incoming connections on port 80 - and
others.

If you connect using a router, check you've set up the correct
port-forwarding rules.

Old December 18th 07, 06:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve

--
CadmannUK

You could just setup some port forwarding and use 81 inbound for web,
8443 for https etc etc, and then nat - eg. external on :81 goes to
server on :80. I've been doing that on UKonline for a while as they
block 25 & 80. Plus it makes it just a slight bit more awkward for
your average joe snooper to sniff around and find stuff.