talktalk didn't cancel my account with AOL ??

Old December 17th 07, 01:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default talktalk didn't cancel my account with AOL ??

Hi all,
I am having this problem:
I switched to Talktalk 2 months ago with their package TT2
international.
When I signed online I read I didn't need to cancel and get a MAC code
from my current provider.
In these days I checked my bank statement and I have noticed that I am
still charged by AOL for the broadband.

1) I called TT and they told me to contact AOL in order to cancel
immediately my account and get the money back.

2) Well, I called AOL and after I explained the situation they
cancelled my account immediately but they couldn't refund me for what
I have already because it was not their fault: nobody (TT) contacted
them, before, in order to cancel my account. They added that TT was in
fault and they should deal with this problem.

3) I called back TT and they said AOL was lying and I should call them
back to get my money back from AOL, hence TT won't refund any money.

4) AOL insist that TT did not follow the correct procedure for taking
over my account.

Is this a joke?
Has anyone had a similar problem and would be so kind to tell how they
managed all the hassles?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Rob
Old December 17th 07, 01:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

wrote:

[...]

That's what you get for dealing with cowboy companies.

I doubt you're going to get very far with this.

Graham

Old December 17th 07, 02:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kim

wrote:
[...]

My experiences with AOL since Carphone Warehouse took them over have been so
bad I wouldn't touch any CW product at any price and frankly am very
surprised that you did.

(kim)

Old December 17th 07, 02:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tony h

"kim" wrote in message news:mo6dnWJ-

My experiences with AOL since Carphone Warehouse took them over have been
so bad I wouldn't touch any CW product at any price and frankly am very
surprised that you did.

(kim)

but would you leave aol to go with talktalk? Frying pans and fire spring to
mind.

Old December 17th 07, 02:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kim

tony h wrote:
"kim" wrote in message news:mo6dnWJ-

My experiences with AOL since Carphone Warehouse took them over have
been so bad I wouldn't touch any CW product at any price and frankly
am very surprised that you did.

(kim)

but would you leave aol to go with talktalk? Frying pans and fire
spring to mind.

Since Talk-Talk is a Carphone Warehouse product, obviously not.

(kim)

Old December 17th 07, 02:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On 17 Dec, 14:13, "kim" wrote:
wrote:
[...]

I've never had any problems when I was with AOL... so I didn't worry
switching to CW.
Well I was wrong, I've been lucky then, not now.
Even if TT took over AOL, my broadband seems on another line. I have
to reset my router very often: never done this before with AOL.
Rob
Old December 17th 07, 03:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On 17 Dec, 13:26, Eeyore
[...]

So, any suggestions?
Old December 17th 07, 03:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gizmo.

"Eeyore" wrote in message

[...]

"companies" ?
Talk Talk and AOL are a wee bit closer than you think ;o)

Old December 17th 07, 07:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Martin Jay wrote:

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 05:17:30 -0800 (PST), wrote:
I am having this problem:
I switched to Talktalk 2 months ago with their package TT2
international.
When I signed online I read I didn't need to cancel and get a MAC code
from my current provider.
In these days I checked my bank statement and I have noticed that I am
still charged by AOL for the broadband.

[snip]

Is this a joke?

Sounds like it. TalkTalk and AOL are part of the same company:
Carphone Warehouse.

You could write to both companies, including the details you've
mentioned in your article, and suggest they sort it out between them.

And to avoid the usual 'we can't, data protection act,' etc nonsense
give them explicit permission to discuss the details of the accounts
with each other in order to get the problem sorted.

OTOH, if you paid by direct debit you could pop off to your bank and
ask for a refund under the direct debit guarantee scheme.

Or, write to Carphone Warehouse and ask them which of their companies
is lying.

I have a Onetel account (carrier preselection) on my BT phone line.

Even though my bills from them come with TalkTalk branding now, they tell
me I'm stall a 'Onetel customer'.

When companies like these merge, the separate systems tend to carry on for
a long time.

Graham