Voxalot routing incoming calls by dialled number

Old December 18th 07, 12:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Iain

Default Voxalot routing incoming calls by dialled number

I'd like to have some sip devices registered to my voxalot account, and
have incoming calls routed to one or other of them according to the
number being dialled. This seems such an obvious requirement that I'm
sure it must be obvious, but I can't see where to set it up.

Any suggestions?
Old December 18th 07, 09:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Herman

"Iain" wrote in message
I'd like to have some sip devices registered to my voxalot account, and
have incoming calls routed to one or other of them according to the number
being dialled. This seems such an obvious requirement that I'm sure it
must be obvious, but I can't see where to set it up.

Any suggestions?

http://forum.voxalot.com will probably give you more wide ranging answers.

However Voxalot does not work in the way you envisage.

Assuming the devices have different public IP addresses (and they are
dynamic), you could use someone like dyndns.org to register each IP and then
forward calls to a sip address based on that domain (e.g.
works on a Fritz!Box, where 123456 is your Voxalot
user name and mydomain.com is the domain registered with dyndns). If you
have a static public IP then you could just use the form
.

If all your devices are registered using the same public IP address, then it
is a bit more complicated. I won't spend the time going into this, just in
case the above has answered your question.

This is only one idea. With a few more details about precisely what you are
trying to acheieve, I am sure people can and will suggest other ways as
well.

Old December 18th 07, 11:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.

"Iain" wrote in message
I'd like to have some sip devices registered to my voxalot account, and
have incoming calls routed to one or other of them according to the number
being dialled. This seems such an obvious requirement that I'm sure it
must be obvious, but I can't see where to set it up.

Any suggestions?

If the number dialled = a voip account, then you could assign each
provider to a separate voxalot account and point each of your devices
towards the relevant one. This presumes that you have some other
reason to use Voxalot in the first place, like outgoing call routing.

I do something similar, but for a different reason,
I use two voxalot accounts so I can make "internal"
calls between the phones connected to the two ports
of my PAP2 ATA.
Lets say my two Voxalot accounts are 123456 and 654321

So account 123456 has an entry in the dial plan thus:
pattern _10
replacement ${EXTEN:2}654321
provider voxalot

and account 654321 has the reciprocal
pattern _10
replacement ${EXTEN:2}123456
provider voxalot

The rest of the dialplan is identical on both accounts for
outgoing call routing, incoming calls are not catered for
except calls from the other handset; dialling 10 on either
rings the other, using Voxalot as a free PABX.
I suppose someone else could call me via Voxalot, but it's never
happened yet.

--
Graham

%Profound_observation%

Old December 19th 07, 11:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 00:31:57 +0000, Iain
wrote:

I'd like to have some sip devices registered to my voxalot account, and
have incoming calls routed to one or other of them according to the
number being dialled. This seems such an obvious requirement that I'm
sure it must be obvious, but I can't see where to set it up.

Any suggestions?

If I understand you correctly then this is simple.
You set up the providers you want to use in the providers section on
Voxalot. You'll need the appropriate account to do that of course.

Then, in the 'Call forwarding' section, enter the pattern of the
incoming number (or common pattern covering a group of numbers) and
select the option, as appropriate, from the drop down box.
Then simply set that incoming number to forward to the SIP
address/number of your choice. The provider used to route the call is
decided by the dial plan for the call type.

However, if you wanted to use a different account, for the same call
type, all you would do is precede your forwarding number with a code.
The dial plan recognises this code, strips it off, and then uses the
provider of your choice to forward the call.
---
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
---
Old December 19th 07, 09:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Iain

Iain wrote:
I'd like to have some sip devices registered to my voxalot account, and
have incoming calls routed to one or other of them according to the
number being dialled.

Either I'm misunderstanding the responses, or I didn't ask the question
clearly enough.

I want to use voxalot for outward call routing. I want to have voxalot
register with different provider accounts, and to then forward the
incoming calls to one or other devices or phone numbers.

The problem is not how to forward the calls to the right endpoint: that
doesn't seem difficult. The difficulty is how to get voxalot to try to
forward them to different places.

It could be on the basis of the provider account that the call is coming
from, or it could be on the basis of the number that the incoming caller
dialled. I don't mind.

But I can't see how to set either up in voxalot. I can have a dial plan
for outgoing calls, but it appears to treat all incoming calls the same
way. Or am I missing something?
Old December 19th 07, 09:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Iain

Brian A wrote:

Then, in the 'Call forwarding' section, enter the pattern of the
incoming number (or common pattern covering a group of numbers)

This sounds like the answer I was looking for!

I'd misunderstood the label on that setting.

Thanks.
Old December 20th 07, 11:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 21:03:04 +0000, Iain
wrote:

Iain wrote:
[...]

Yes you are missing something. It is as I stated before. You need to
look in the 'Call Forwarding' section.
I'll illustrate if that makes it simpler....

Let's say you have a friend who has the telephone number
01274567890, that is Bradford 567890. You want to route this to
01132345678 thats Leeds 2345678.
You want to route the call at all times.

1. Click on 'Call Forwarding'.
2. Click ADD
3. Under 'Matching Rule':-
3.1 Select 'Match by Inbound Number'
3.2 Equals 01274567890
4. Under 'Time Rule':-
Select: 'Day Every'
'Start Time 00:00
'End Time 23:59'
5. Under 'Handling Logic'
Select 'Phone Number'
Enter 01132345678
Choose 'Smart Call' for your dial plan to decide how the call
is routed or choose a particular provider.

If you want to route to different numbers at different times then just
repeat the above for the additional times.

If you want all Bradford numbers to be routed 3.2 would become
'Begins with 01274'

Hope this helps !

---
Old December 21st 07, 12:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Iain

Brian A wrote:

Hope this helps !

It does, thanks. I had wrongly assumed that "Inbound Number" was the
number of the phone calling, but your exp;lanation makes it clear that
it is the number that was dialled.
Old December 23rd 07, 02:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Brian A pretended :
01132345678 thats Leeds 2345678

Which is, in actual fact, a real number - First Direct.

Old December 25th 07, 09:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 14:58:48 GMT, Jono
wrote:

Brian A pretended :
01132345678 thats Leeds 2345678

Which is, in actual fact, a real number - First Direct.

Purely by accident I assure you - no ad. intended :-)

---