post office broadband

Old December 19th 07, 12:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
D Smith

Default post office broadband

Hello chums on this group.
I an thinking of changing from BT to Post Office broadband.
Anyone here done this yet.

I like BT but am fed up with download limit.

Regards David
Old December 19th 07, 03:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kim

D Smith wrote:
Hello chums on this group.
I an thinking of changing from BT to Post Office broadband.
Anyone here done this yet.

If they're as poor at delivering broadband as they are at delivering mail, I
wouldn't bother.

(kim)

Old December 19th 07, 04:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Pearce

On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 15:29:01 -0000, "kim" wrote:

If they're as poor at delivering broadband as they are at delivering mail, I
wouldn't bother.

They don't deliver mail...
Old December 19th 07, 04:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Brian McIlwrath

Steve Pearce * wrote:
: They don't deliver mail...

Neither does the Royal Mail much now either!!!!
Old December 19th 07, 05:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike

"Brian McIlwrath" wrote in message
Steve Pearce * wrote:
: They don't deliver mail...

Neither does the Royal Mail much now either!!!!

I ordered post office broadband & phone extra package on the 5th of December
and supplied them with my mac code. Eventually they gave me the 28th of
December as activication date but there is a problem with their ordering
software and some orders are not being processed properley. Now I am told
that if it is activated on the 28th it may be up to 5 days before the
broadband would work. I can get nothing in writing from them and have
recieved nothing but promises of return telephone calls which just don't
happen. Was promised a definite call before 4:00pm today and it's now
5:00pm.

Mike

Old December 19th 07, 05:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton

"D Smith" wrote in message
Hello chums on this group.
I an thinking of changing from BT to Post Office broadband.
Anyone here done this yet.

I like BT but am fed up with download limit.

Regards David

If it is anything like their formerly excellent telephone service (when
provided by Tele2) they will rejig it after a while, change the underlying
provider, allter all the T&C and quadruple some of the costs, so I would
steer WELL CLEAR if I were you.

Old December 19th 07, 05:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike

Steve Pearce * wrote:
: They don't deliver mail...

Neither does the Royal Mail much now either!!!!

I ordered post office broadband & phone extra package on the 5th of
December and supplied them with my mac code. Eventually they gave me the
28th of December as activication date but there is a problem with their
ordering software and some orders are not being processed properley. Now I
am told that if it is activated on the 28th it may be up to 5 days before
the broadband would work. I can get nothing in writing from them and have
recieved nothing but promises of return telephone calls which just don't
happen. Was promised a definite call before 4:00pm today and it's now
5:00pm.

Mike

I had to phone them and managed to get to speak to a supervisor. All he
could say was that it would be into the New Year before they would be able
to do anything. Absolutely terrible service and left me with no option but
to cancel and get back onto my present ISP to withdraw the cancellation.
Hope that goes ok.
I will be writing to the Post Office and Royal group paper to express my
feelings as I work for the RM

Mike

Old December 19th 07, 05:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gonz

"D Smith" wrote in message
Hello chums on this group.
I an thinking of changing from BT to Post Office broadband.
Anyone here done this yet.

I like BT but am fed up with download limit.

Post Office broadband, Royal Mail Broadband.
Can't be any worse than Mr Singh's Broadband.

Old December 19th 07, 08:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Mike wrote:

"Brian McIlwrath" wrote
Steve Pearce wrote:

: They don't deliver mail...

Neither does the Royal Mail much now either!!!!

I ordered post office broadband & phone extra package on the 5th of December
and supplied them with my mac code. Eventually they gave me the 28th of
December as activication date but there is a problem with their ordering
software and some orders are not being processed properley. Now I am told
that if it is activated on the 28th it may be up to 5 days before the
broadband would work. I can get nothing in writing from them and have
recieved nothing but promises of return telephone calls which just don't
happen. Was promised a definite call before 4:00pm today and it's now
5:00pm.

And you haven't cancelled yet ?

You must be a masochist. You've had great advance notice of gross incompetence.

Graham

Old December 20th 07, 01:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jim Crowther

In uk.telecom.broadband, on Wed, 19 Dec 2007 17:27:32, Mike wrote:

[]
I had to phone them and managed to get to speak to a supervisor. All he
could say was that it would be into the New Year before they would be able
to do anything. Absolutely terrible service and left me with no option but
to cancel and get back onto my present ISP to withdraw the cancellation.
Hope that goes ok.
I will be writing to the Post Office and Royal group paper to express my
feelings as I work for the RM

Did they advertise on TV? Yes? Then don't use them!

The better ISPs don't have to advertise, and keep a small steady growth.
Their users tend not to say what they are, either!

--
Jim Crowther