Orange Broadband - new Terms of Use

Old December 19th 07, 08:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Victor Delta

Default Orange Broadband - new Terms of Use

I suspect, like many others, I've received an email today from Orange
Broadband saying that they are introducing new Terms of Use with effect from
19 Jan 2008. (They also seem to be introducing some new tech support numbers
at 50ppm.)

The new Terms of Use go on for pages. Has anyone sussed out yet what the key
changes are please?

Old December 19th 07, 09:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tony h

"Victor Delta" wrote in message
I suspect, like many others, I've received an email today from Orange
Broadband saying that they are introducing new Terms of Use with effect
from 19 Jan 2008. (They also seem to be introducing some new tech support
numbers at 50ppm.)

The new Terms of Use go on for pages. Has anyone sussed out yet what the
key changes are please?

now would be a good time to leave, as they have changed T+C its a new
contract, which you do not have to accept, so you can leave without penalty.

Old December 19th 07, 09:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

tony h wrote:

"Victor Delta" wrote

I suspect, like many others, I've received an email today from Orange
Broadband saying that they are introducing new Terms of Use with effect
from 19 Jan 2008. (They also seem to be introducing some new tech support
numbers at 50ppm.)

The new Terms of Use go on for pages. Has anyone sussed out yet what the
key changes are please?

now would be a good time to leave, as they have changed T+C its a new
contract, which you do not have to accept, so you can leave without penalty.

Good point. What a lifeline.

Graham

Old December 19th 07, 09:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tony h

"Eeyore" wrote in message

Good point. What a lifeline.

Graham

you going to mention entanet and idnet as obvious lifeboats, or shall i?

Old December 19th 07, 09:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

tony h wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote

Good point. What a lifeline.

Graham

you going to mention entanet and idnet as obvious lifeboats, or shall i?

I have no experience of entanet but Idnet are excellent.

Graham

Old December 19th 07, 10:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike

In message
at 20:34:20 on Wed, 19 Dec 2007, Victor Delta wrote
I suspect, like many others, I've received an email today from Orange
Broadband saying that they are introducing new Terms of Use with effect
from 19 Jan 2008. (They also seem to be introducing some new tech
support numbers at 50ppm.)

The new Terms of Use go on for pages. Has anyone sussed out yet what
the key changes are please?

I've not had these email. What did it say please?
--
Mike News
Old December 19th 07, 10:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Victor Delta

"Mike" S wrote in message
news

I've not had these email. What did it say please?

This is the text:

Hello,

We're updating your Broadband Terms of Use. To find out more about the new
terms just click here http://www.orange.co.uk/terms/5506.htm. You'll still
be able to view the old terms up until 19th January 2008, which is when the
new terms become effective.

To accept these terms you don't have to do anything, just carry on using
broadband as normal.

New Customer Support phone numbers
We're also changing some of our Customer Support phone numbers. If you click
here http://www.orange.co.uk/contact/internet/ you can see a full list of
the new numbers - so it might be worth making a note of the number that
applies to you.

Thanks,

Customer Support

Old December 19th 07, 10:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tony h

15.2 In the event that you either;
15.2.1 breach our Fair Use Policy and/or
15.2.2 you exceed any applicable monthly Usage Allowance we reserve the
right (at our sole discretion) to suspend the Service(s) that you have
subscribed to until the start of your next monthly period without advance
notice or to reduce the Transmission Speed of the Service for a reasonable
period of time whilst we continue to monitor your usage.

Old December 19th 07, 11:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike

In message
at 22:57:22 on Wed, 19 Dec 2007, tony h wrote
15.2 In the event that you either;
15.2.1 breach our Fair Use Policy and/or
15.2.2 you exceed any applicable monthly Usage Allowance we reserve the
right (at our sole discretion) to suspend the Service(s) that you have
subscribed to until the start of your next monthly period without advance
notice or to reduce the Transmission Speed of the Service for a reasonable
period of time whilst we continue to monitor your usage.

Thank you -

I think they are enforcing what has been trailed for a while. I believe
people used to download their ways out of their contracts and get
automatic cancellation - not any more.
--
Mike News
Old December 19th 07, 11:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

"Eeyore" wrote in
message
: : tony h wrote:
: :
: : : "Victor Delta" wrote
: : :
: : : : I suspect, like many others, I've received an email
: : : : today from Orange Broadband saying that they are
: : : : introducing new Terms of Use with effect from 19
: : : : Jan 2008. (They also seem to be introducing some
: : : : new tech support numbers at 50ppm.)
: : : :
: : : : The new Terms of Use go on for pages. Has anyone
: : : : sussed out yet what the key changes are please?
: : :
: : :
: : : now would be a good time to leave, as they have
: : : changed T+C its a new contract, which you do not have
: : : to accept, so you can leave without penalty.
: :
: : Good point. What a lifeline.

That aside, it doesn't answer the question.

Ivor