SPA-3102 CLID access

Old December 21st 07, 04:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dan

Default SPA-3102 CLID access

I am a new be to the SPA-3102 and I am looking for some help configuring the
PSTN to VOIP section. I can at the present time dial in to my PSTN line and
then enter a PIN number and get a dial tone for my VOIP account. What I am
looking to do if possible is to get the SPA-3102 to recognise the CLID of
the phone I am calling from and allow me access to my VOIP line with out any
pin number. I know that I can switch off the PIN number in the SPA-3102 but
if some one else were to call it they then would have access to my VOIP
line, which I don't want.

Thank you all in advance for your help and Merry Christmas to all.

Old December 21st 07, 07:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Dan formulated on Friday :
I am a new be to the SPA-3102 and I am looking for some help configuring the
PSTN to VOIP section. I can at the present time dial in to my PSTN line and
then enter a PIN number and get a dial tone for my VOIP account. What I am
looking to do if possible is to get the SPA-3102 to recognise the CLID of the
phone I am calling from and allow me access to my VOIP line with out any pin
number. I know that I can switch off the PIN number in the SPA-3102 but if
some one else were to call it they then would have access to my VOIP line,
which I don't want.

Thank you all in advance for your help and Merry Christmas to all.

Does any of this
http://forum.voxilla.com/linksys-sipura-voip-support-forum/pstn-caller-id-pattern-pstn-access-list-problem-13511.html#post69521
point you in the right direction?

Having said that, with the relative ease of being able to spoof
outbound Caller ID, I would take the belt & braces approach & still
have a PIN set.

Old December 23rd 07, 10:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Zid Swanish

That link worked great, got the information I needed thank you. I have
another question, is it possible to spoof a CLID from the 3102 ? if so how ?
Once again thank you in advance.

"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
Dan formulated on Friday :

Old December 23rd 07, 11:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

After serious thinking Zid Swanish wrote :
I have another question, is it possible to spoof a CLID from the 3102 ? if so
how ?

That all depends on your VoIP Service Provider.

If your SP supports it, the SPA3102 can perform it.

The Betamax companies allow limited spoofing - you can spoof a real
number that you have direct access to. Their system dials the number
and plays an authentication PIN to you which you type into the website.