Statisitics OK?

Old December 23rd 07, 12:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
/Tx2

Default Statisitics OK?

I'm on a Sky 16Mb connection - how are these stats?

Down Up
Connection Speed 14788 kbps 764 kbps
Line Attenuation 30.0 db 15.6 db
Noise Margin 7.4 db 13.5 db

--
My reply address is valid, but incoming mail is set to 'auto-delete'
so will not be seen. Please post replies to the group.

Old December 23rd 07, 10:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

I'm on a Sky 16Mb connection - how are these stats?

Enough to make me jealous :-(
Old December 24th 07, 04:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin²

Yes. Very good, but what matters is the actual download speed you can
achieve...
Regards,
martin

Old December 24th 07, 11:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tg

try downloading something (anything) from microsoft. I find they give
the fastest downloads. Also adobe.com are fast. Please post back
giving the actual kb/sec you got.

Old December 25th 07, 03:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin²

/Tx2:
From where?

Your ISP, i.e. Sky.
Otherwise the speed or lack of it elsewhere on the internet comes into play.
If Sky hasn't got a speed test, try BT one:
http://www.speedtester.bt.com:50302/...n/home.page.pl
Regards,
Martin