USB Headset recommendation

Old December 24th 07, 10:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
hammond

Default USB Headset recommendation

Can someone recommend me a good quality USB headset for use with VOIP.

(As far I'm concern MTAs Wifi phones are poor )
Old December 24th 07, 01:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.

Can someone recommend me a good quality USB headset for use with VOIP.

(As far I'm concern MTAs Wifi phones are poor )

I am not sure what you mean by MTAs.
I don't like wifi phones, if you want to go cordless
us an ATA (analogue telephone adapter) in conjunction
with a DECT phone.

A USB phone/headset is never going to be a satisfactory
equivalent to a traditional phone IMHO.

--
Graham

%Profound_observation%

Old December 24th 07, 03:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

In article , Graham.
writes

Can someone recommend me a good quality USB headset for use with VOIP.

(As far I'm concern MTAs Wifi phones are poor )

I am not sure what you mean by MTAs.
I don't like wifi phones, if you want to go cordless
us an ATA (analogue telephone adapter) in conjunction
with a DECT phone.

A USB phone/headset is never going to be a satisfactory
equivalent to a traditional phone IMHO.

Take a look at www.voipvoice.com they have a device called UConnect.
This device allows you to connect your DECT phone to a computer's USB
socket for use with products such as Skype.

There is also software called Vitaero which enables you to use Skype
with a bluetooth mobile phone headset which is good for hands free, as
long as your PC has bluetooth.

I only need VOIP for outgoing calls, so Skype's 1.50 a month service
giving you all UK geographic landline calls for a flat 3p regardless of
time of day or duration is pretty hard to beat. Of course, if I wanted a
VOIP incoming number, that would be expensive via Skype.

Kevin.