Finarea/Betamax VoipIn Numbers

Old December 24th 07, 06:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jeremy Porteous

Default Finarea/Betamax VoipIn Numbers

There are so many of the Finarea providers offering VoipIn numbers. I have
just signed up with voipcheap.com but was disappointed to get an 05601
number. Do any of the providers offer a real UK geographical telephone
number?

JP

Old December 24th 07, 06:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.

There are so many of the Finarea providers offering VoipIn numbers. I
have just signed up with voipcheap.com but was disappointed to get an
05601 number. Do any of the providers offer a real UK geographical
telephone number?

JP

voipcheap.co.uk used to give you an 0161 700 xxxx number, but
sadly no longer. Mine still works and I hope it continues because
it is very apt for someone in north Manchester like me.
If your device can cope with separate incoming and outgoing
accounts then simply sign up for a free account from Sipgate
or Orbtalk who will give you a geographic number of the area
of your choice.
--
Graham

%Profound_observation%

Old December 24th 07, 07:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
TheFug

Jeremy Porteous schreef:
There are so many of the Finarea providers offering VoipIn numbers. I
have just signed up with voipcheap.com but was disappointed to get an
05601 number. Do any of the providers offer a real UK geographical
telephone number?

JP

If all fails.... check out the Tpad service..you get a "break in"
number...for free...

--
The Fug.
Old December 24th 07, 08:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alexd

On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 18:11:25 +0000, Jeremy Porteous wrote:

Do any of the providers offer a real UK geographical telephone number?

Yes, have a look at Sipgate.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
20:47:31 up 43 days, 9:28, 2 users, load average: 0.23, 0.23, 0.15
Old December 25th 07, 08:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jeremy Porteous

"alexd" wrote in message
On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 18:11:25 +0000, Jeremy Porteous wrote:

Do any of the providers offer a real UK geographical telephone number?

Yes, have a look at Sipgate.

Thanks, I am aware of Sipgate but was looking for a single provider for free
outgoing UK calls and an incoming geographic number. Finarea companies
certainly used to provide 020 numbers according to various posts on the
Internet, but I'm not sure if this is still the case.

JP

Old December 29th 07, 07:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Philippe Deleye

"Jeremy Porteous" schreef in bericht

Thanks, I am aware of Sipgate but was looking for a single provider for
free outgoing UK calls and an incoming geographic number.

Any reason why? Most hardware can cope with multiple providers
You can set-up Voicheap.com (or any other Betamax clone) to display your
Sipgate number as outgoing CLIP
Hence the outside world will not notice that your using separate providers
vor out/ingoing calls
And you can route your outgoing UK 0800 calls - or azny special number -
trough Sipgate, and other calls trough Voipcheap etc ...

rgds
Philippe

Old December 29th 07, 07:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Iain

Philippe Deleye wrote:

Any reason why? Most hardware can cope with multiple providers

Are you sure about that? Most of the hardware I've seen cannot.
Old December 29th 07, 08:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Iain" wrote in message

: : Philippe Deleye wrote:
: :
: : : Any reason why? Most hardware can cope with multiple
: : : providers
: :
: : Are you sure about that? Most of the hardware I've seen
: : cannot.

All the hardware I've ever used that can support more than one account
(Sipura, Fritzbox) can.

Ivor

Old December 29th 07, 10:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.

And you can route your outgoing UK 0800 calls - or azny special
number - trough Sipgate, and other calls trough Voipcheap etc ...

....because voipcheap.com actually charge you for dialling "toll free"
numbers!

--
Graham

%Profound_observation%

Old December 30th 07, 12:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Soruk

On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 22:26:55 -0000, Graham. wrote:

And you can route your outgoing UK 0800 calls - or azny special
number - trough Sipgate, and other calls trough Voipcheap etc ...

...because voipcheap.com actually charge you for dialling "toll free"
numbers!

Ouch.

/me reconfigures trixbox to route them out over Tesco...