Three mobile internet question

Old December 30th 07, 10:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

Default Three mobile internet question

A friend has started using the three mobile service - because he hasn't
got a landline.

He tells me he can't use a router because using the supplied usb modem
requires software to be installed on his computer.

But couldn't he use a cable router?
--
Chris
Old December 30th 07, 11:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tony

"Chris" ] wrote in message
]...
A friend has started using the three mobile service - because he hasn't
got a landline.

He tells me he can't use a router because using the supplied usb modem
requires software to be installed on his computer.

But couldn't he use a cable router?
--
Chris

A quick google gives you this answer.....

http://www.draytek.co.uk/products/vigor2910.html

Another quick google confirms that this router works well with the 3 USB
Modem.

HTH
Tony

Old December 30th 07, 11:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tony

"Tony" wrote in message

"Chris" ] wrote in message
]...
A friend has started using the three mobile service - because he hasn't
got a landline.

He tells me he can't use a router because using the supplied usb modem
requires software to be installed on his computer.

But couldn't he use a cable router?
--
Chris

A quick google gives you this answer.....

http://www.draytek.co.uk/products/vigor2910.html

Another quick google confirms that this router works well with the 3 USB
Modem.

HTH
Tony

And this is how to set it up....

http://draytek.co.uk/support/kb_vigor_3g.html

That should sort it....

HTH
Tony

Old December 30th 07, 11:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Chris wrote:

A friend has started using the three mobile service - because he hasn't
got a landline.

He tells me he can't use a router because using the supplied usb modem
requires software to be installed on his computer.

Yes it will.

But couldn't he use a cable router?

There's no cable is there ?

Gragham