ISP replaces kit on Boxing Day

Old December 30th 07, 11:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Geddes

Default ISP replaces kit on Boxing Day

The acid test of "Customer Service" is what sort of response you get
when things go wrong out of hours.

Whilst Broadband-by-wireless is inherently more vulnerable than ADSL
(our signal comes via a couple of masts on exposed hillsides, and the
last hop is from a barn on the next hill), Derbyshire's local operator
Zycomm (www.w3z.co.uk) certainly do try hard when there are problems.

I lost my connection on Boxing Day afternoon this year. Tests during the
afternoon suggested that it was my terminal equipment at fault, and at
10pm that night, the MD himself drove 20 miles with a fully-configured
replacement.

The same guy answered the phone personally on Christmas Day the other
year and got a fault fixed within a couple of hours.

Whilst they wouldn't win prizes on the number of faults per year, proper
customer service does a lot to make up for it - worth considering for
anyone within their Derbyshire catchment area.

John Geddes
Derbyshire
Old December 30th 07, 11:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
naza

On 30 Dec, 11:28, John Geddes wrote:
[...]

Well thier prices are well above cable and ADSL, but I suppose it
costs for the equipment which they put into your monthly bill. But the
old saying "you get what you pay for" and it does look like people in
the countryside pay a premium for internet.
Old December 30th 07, 02:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Miser

"naza" wrote in message
[...]

We pay a premium for most things - but it's a price worth paying to stay as
far away as possible from the crime infested multi-cultural diversity of our
towns and cities.

Old December 31st 07, 08:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Quinton

On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 14:40:19 -0000, "Miser"
wrote:

We pay a premium for most things - but it's a price worth paying to stay as
far away as possible from the crime infested multi-cultural diversity of our
towns and cities.

Are you implying that there is a direct connection between cultural
diversity and crime?
--
Locate your Mobile phone: http://www.bizorg.co.uk/news.html
Great gifts: http://www.ThisBritain.com/ASOS_popup.html
Old December 31st 07, 08:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

David Quinton wrote:

"Miser" wrote:

We pay a premium for most things - but it's a price worth paying to stay as
far away as possible from the crime infested multi-cultural diversity of our
towns and cities.

Are you implying that there is a direct connection between cultural
diversity and crime?

There is certainly a connection between some nationalities and crime.

Graham

Old December 31st 07, 08:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
HVS

On 31 Dec 2007, Eeyore wrote

David Quinton wrote:

"Miser" wrote:

We pay a premium for most things - but it's a price worth
paying to stay as far away as possible from the crime infested
multi-cultural diversity of our towns and cities.

Are you implying that there is a direct connection between
cultural diversity and crime?

There is certainly a connection between some nationalities and
crime.

Sure is: ask anybody from a country that gets a lot of English
tourists.

Old December 31st 07, 10:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

HVS wrote:

Eeyore wrote
David Quinton wrote:
"Miser" wrote:

We pay a premium for most things - but it's a price worth
paying to stay as far away as possible from the crime infested
multi-cultural diversity of our towns and cities.

Are you implying that there is a direct connection between
cultural diversity and crime?

There is certainly a connection between some nationalities and
crime.

Sure is: ask anybody from a country that gets a lot of English
tourists.

I actually had certain East European nationalities in mind. Such as the
Bulgarians and those from the former Yugoslavia.

What kind of crime do you associate with English tourists btw ? Many may
behave badly but how about actual crime ?

Graham

Old December 31st 07, 12:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Daffy Duck

On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 10:00:54 +0000, Eeyore wrote:

HVS wrote:

Eeyore wrote
David Quinton wrote:
"Miser" wrote:

We pay a premium for most things - but it's a price worth
paying to stay as far away as possible from the crime infested
multi-cultural diversity of our towns and cities.

Are you implying that there is a direct connection between
cultural diversity and crime?

There is certainly a connection between some nationalities and
crime.

Sure is: ask anybody from a country that gets a lot of English
tourists.

I actually had certain East European nationalities in mind. Such as the
Bulgarians and those from the former Yugoslavia.

What kind of crime do you associate with English tourists btw ? Many may
behave badly but how about actual crime ?

Graham

So you're not just bigoted against VM,you're equally biased against
Bulgarians and Yugoslavs as well.
You really are a bigot of the highest order aren't you.
Old December 31st 07, 01:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Daffy Duck wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
HVS wrote:
Eeyore wrote
David Quinton wrote:
"Miser" wrote:

[...]

Government figures sunshine. You can call them bigots too if you like.

In the meantime I'll call a spade a spade regardless of bloody idiotic PC-ness
by which you would have me gagged and unable to identify those who are more
likely to be criminals.

Graham

Old January 1st 08, 10:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Daffy Duck

On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 13:17:46 +0000, Eeyore wrote:

Daffy Duck wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
HVS wrote:
Eeyore wrote
David Quinton wrote:
"Miser" wrote:

[...]

Fine...then i'll also call a spade a spade.....you're a bigot.