Anyone using napster on Orange Broadband

Old December 30th 07, 08:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike

Default Anyone using napster on Orange Broadband

Got a napster subscription, but I'll be blowed if I can download tracks
easily. Usually takes about 8 attempts to get tracks to come down.
Usually
error 2000
error 2003
or rates of about 1kbps - compared to 40-60 kbps yesterday

Is this likely to be a napster problem (overloaded after Christmas) or
an orange problem (shaping my traffic). I feel Orange are possibly
tweaking me because I downloaded 3 albums yesterday

I can play tracks on the site OK with no buffering problems and during
the same period my track finally downloaded I ran a speedtest and got a
download rate of 1972kbps
--
Mike News
Old December 31st 07, 10:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tony h

"Mike" S wrote in message
Got a napster subscription, but I'll be blowed if I can download tracks
easily. Usually takes about 8 attempts to get tracks to come down.
Usually
error 2000
error 2003
or rates of about 1kbps - compared to 40-60 kbps yesterday

Is this likely to be a napster problem (overloaded after Christmas) or an
orange problem (shaping my traffic). I feel Orange are possibly tweaking
me because I downloaded 3 albums yesterday

I can play tracks on the site OK with no buffering problems and during the
same period my track finally downloaded I ran a speedtest and got a
download rate of 1972kbps
--
Mike News

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/caps.htm may explain it.

maybe time for a new (decent) isp?

Old December 31st 07, 05:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike

In message
at 10:02:17 on Mon, 31 Dec 2007, tony h wrote
http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/caps.htm may explain it.

maybe time for a new (decent) isp?

Don't worry - I am going as soon as my 11th payment has gone out my
account. Considering a lot of users get stung with 30 days notice even
out of contract and end up paying an extra month anyway, then I may as
well do both
--
Mike News
Old December 31st 07, 06:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tony h

"Mike" S wrote in message
In message
at 10:02:17 on Mon, 31 Dec 2007, tony h wrote
http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/caps.htm may explain it.

maybe time for a new (decent) isp?

Don't worry - I am going as soon as my 11th payment has gone out my
account. Considering a lot of users get stung with 30 days notice even
out of contract and end up paying an extra month anyway, then I may as
well do both
--
Mike News

where you going to? most big-name isps throttle p2p traffic

Old January 1st 08, 01:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike

In message
at 18:10:21 on Mon, 31 Dec 2007, tony h wrote

"Mike" S wrote in message
In message
at 10:02:17 on Mon, 31 Dec 2007, tony h wrote
http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/caps.htm may explain it.

maybe time for a new (decent) isp?

Don't worry - I am going as soon as my 11th payment has gone out my
account. Considering a lot of users get stung with 30 days notice even
out of contract and end up paying an extra month anyway, then I may as
well do both
--
Mike News

where you going to? most big-name isps throttle p2p traffic

I've note made my mind up yet, but possibly Be, IdNet or NewNet

If say ~10 6MB wma files from a legal source such as napster is classed
as p2p, then that's fine, so long as those tracks mostly download first
time (it doesn't take long even on my 2MB LLU connection) I don't mind.
It's just having to restart virtually every track several time when it
gets to be a bit painful.

Cheers
--
Mike News
Old January 2nd 08, 12:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
acdeag

"Mike" S wrote in message
[...]

Don't forget Sky and O2, although they are not available everywhere.. I have
Sky (their top package) and have no problems at all.

Old January 2nd 08, 02:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike

In message
at 12:58:30 on Wed, 2 Jan 2008, acdeag
wrote
I've note made my mind up yet, but possibly Be, IdNet or NewNet

Don't forget Sky and O2

Yes Be is owned by O2
--
Mike News