exchange upgrades?

Old January 1st 08, 04:43 PM posted to bt.broadband.support,uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Bellamy

Default exchange upgrades?

I have been stuck on a 1mb/s broadband speed for over 5 years now, allthough
recently
this has been falling to 512k for a fair chunk of the day. How can i find
out if/when my
exchange will be upgraded .I am paying for option 3 (unlimited) on bt
broadband and my
echange is in Grantham Lincolnshire.

Andy.

Old January 1st 08, 05:38 PM posted to bt.broadband.support,uk.telecom.broadband
ian

On Tuesday 01 January 2008 4:43 pm, in MID ,
Andrew Bellamy ) wrote:

I have been stuck on a 1mb/s broadband speed for over 5 years now,
allthough recently
this has been falling to 512k for a fair chunk of the day. How can i find
out if/when my
exchange will be upgraded .

Upgraded to what ?

All of BTs DSL kit has been capable of 8Mb from day one. If you can't get
more than 1Mb, that'll be because of the line - not the exchange.

--
Ian...
Old January 3rd 08, 01:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Michael Chare

,
Andrew Bellamy ) wrote:

I have been stuck on a 1mb/s broadband speed for over 5 years now,
allthough recently
this has been falling to 512k for a fair chunk of the day. How can i find
out if/when my
exchange will be upgraded .

Upgraded to what ?

ADSL2+ which will may well come with 21CN.

Details of when particular exchanges are due for upgrade can be found on a
BT website.

--
Michael Chare

Old January 3rd 08, 07:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kim

Andrew Bellamy ) wrote:

I have been stuck on a 1mb/s broadband speed for over 5 years now,
allthough recently
this has been falling to 512k for a fair chunk of the day. How can
i find out if/when my
exchange will be upgraded .

Upgraded to what ?

ADSL2+ which will may well come with 21CN.

Details of when particular exchanges are due for upgrade can be found
on a BT website.

A friend who was already on BT just signed up for their Home Hub thingybob
and had it installed. Would I be correct in thinking this will never work
with ADSL2+ as he will need a whole new hub/router thingy?

(kim)

Old January 3rd 08, 07:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ian

On Thursday 03 January 2008 7:24 pm, in MID
, kim ) wrote:
Andrew Bellamy ) wrote:

I have been stuck on a 1mb/s broadband speed for over 5 years now,
allthough recently
this has been falling to 512k for a fair chunk of the day. How can
i find out if/when my
exchange will be upgraded .

Upgraded to what ?

ADSL2+ which will may well come with 21CN.

Fair comment. I assumed, wrongly perhaps, that the OP felt they were missing
out on something that's generally available now.

Details of when particular exchanges are due for upgrade can be found
on a BT website.

A friend who was already on BT just signed up for their Home Hub thingybob
and had it installed. Would I be correct in thinking this will never work
with ADSL2+ as he will need a whole new hub/router thingy?

According to BTs website, it claims to be ADSL2+ compatible.

--
Ian...
Old January 6th 08, 11:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kim

, kim ) wrote:
Andrew Bellamy ) wrote:

I have been stuck on a 1mb/s broadband speed for over 5 years now,
allthough recently
this has been falling to 512k for a fair chunk of the day. How can
i find out if/when my
exchange will be upgraded .

Upgraded to what ?

ADSL2+ which will may well come with 21CN.

Fair comment. I assumed, wrongly perhaps, that the OP felt they were
missing out on something that's generally available now.

Details of when particular exchanges are due for upgrade can be
found on a BT website.

A friend who was already on BT just signed up for their Home Hub
thingybob and had it installed. Would I be correct in thinking this
will never work with ADSL2+ as he will need a whole new hub/router
thingy?

According to BTs website, it claims to be ADSL2+ compatible.

Thanks for the information. I shall pass it on to my friend and also bear it
in mind when I next change service provider.

(kim)