pipex service info

Old January 5th 08, 12:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default pipex service info

If you are considering pipex as a service provide the following may be
of interest.

(1) If you sign up for one package (for example mini) and wish to
upgrade at a later date to a different package then pipex insist on a
new 12 month contract.
(2) Pipex now use a 0871 charge for customer support i believe it is
10p/minute and they are not quick to answer techinical calls.
Old January 5th 08, 12:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns

On 05/01/2008 12:16, wrote:

If you are considering pipex as a service

See helpful information at
http://www.pipex.co.uk/legal/pipex-combined-t+c.php
Old January 5th 08, 12:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
geffers

On Jan 5, 12:16 pm, wrote:
If you are considering pipex as a service provide the following may be
of interest.

(1) If you sign up for one package (for example mini) and wish to
upgrade at a later date to a different package then pipex insist on a
new 12 month contract.
(2) Pipex now use a 0871 charge for customer support i believe it is
10p/minute and they are not quick to answer techinical calls.

I've been with Pipex for a few years now and on receiving the letter
about the 0870 support requested my MAC code.

It's not that I use support numbers much but a matter of principle.

Geoff Lane
Old January 6th 08, 10:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colum Mylod

On Sat, 05 Jan 2008 12:44:26 +0000, Andy Burns
wrote:

On 05/01/2008 12:16, wrote:

If you are considering pipex as a service

See helpful information at
http://www.pipex.co.uk/legal/pipex-combined-t+c.php

One nasty spotted right away (phone service though):
Where You make a telephone call by dialling the "BT Break Out Code"
(1280) We will raise Call Charges in respect of that call at the then
current standard BT day time retail rate or at Our then current Call
Charge rate, whichever is the higher, for the telephone number
dialled.

I legged it last month after 5 years service = 5 years service and 2
weeks of total dead nothingness coupled with Support cluelessness.
Even told them where the fault was. Text messages to call in, all of
which ended up in yet another useless bloody "check yer microfilter"
dead end each time.

Pipex 2007 RIP. No flowers.
--
Old anti-spam address cmylod at despammed dot com appears broke
So back to cmylod at bigfoot dot com
Old January 6th 08, 10:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

wrote:

On 05/01/2008 12:16, wrote:

If you are considering pipex as a service

See helpful information at
http://www.pipex.co.uk/legal/pipex-combined-t+c.php

One nasty spotted right away (phone service though):
Where You make a telephone call by dialling the "BT Break Out Code"
(1280) We will raise Call Charges in respect of that call at the then
current standard BT day time retail rate or at Our then current Call
Charge rate, whichever is the higher, for the telephone number
dialled.

I legged it last month after 5 years service = 5 years service and 2
weeks of total dead nothingness coupled with Support cluelessness.
Even told them where the fault was. Text messages to call in, all of
which ended up in yet another useless bloody "check yer microfilter"
dead end each time.

Pipex 2007 RIP. No flowers.

If you line rental is with BT, is it possible for Pipex to know you have
bypassed their CPS by dialling 1280?

--
Worried about debt?
http://www.cccs.co.uk

Old January 6th 08, 11:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Frank Incense

I've been with Pipex for a few years now and on receiving the letter
about the 0870 support requested my MAC code.

It's not that I use support numbers much but a matter of principle.

Geoff Lane

I too this week requested a MAC code as I was offered (up to) 16Mb
(unlimited) for 10 a month with free tech support from UK (Scotland) with
O2.
In general people generally seem happy with their service

Was paying 17.99 for 2Mb with Pipex - the most they could increase it to
was 5.5Mb, they tried to sweeten it by offering 3 months free and drop
price by 5 pcm but i just asked for the MAC code and the bloke on phone
agreed he couldnt beat the deal.

8 Days and counting