ADSL Max 3776kbps, what download speed?

Old January 6th 08, 05:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Norman Vaughan

Default ADSL Max 3776kbps, what download speed?

As the title, what sort of download speed should I expect if the router is
syncing at 3776 kbps ? Just after a approximate figure, thats all....

TIA Norman

Old January 6th 08, 05:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

Norman Vaughan wrote:
As the title, what sort of download speed should I expect if the router is
syncing at 3776 kbps ? Just after a approximate figure, thats all....

TIA Norman

If you are lucky your BRAS will go to 3500 and you may get 3.2-3.3Mbps
actual data speeds.

More likely BRAS at 3,000 and a shade under 3Mbps actual transfer.

Old January 6th 08, 06:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Norman Vaughan

Norman Vaughan wrote:
As the title, what sort of download speed should I expect if the router

is
syncing at 3776 kbps ? Just after a approximate figure, thats all....

TIA Norman

If you are lucky your BRAS will go to 3500 and you may get 3.2-3.3Mbps
actual data speeds.

More likely BRAS at 3,000 and a shade under 3Mbps actual transfer.

Is there any way to find out my current BRAS profile? I understand I am on
Datastream and not IPstream.....if that matters...?
Thanks Norman

Old January 6th 08, 07:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Norman Vaughan wrote:

"The Natural Philosopher" wrote
Norman Vaughan wrote:
As the title, what sort of download speed should I expect if the router
is syncing at 3776 kbps ? Just after a approximate figure, thats all....

If you are lucky your BRAS will go to 3500 and you may get 3.2-3.3Mbps
actual data speeds.

More likely BRAS at 3,000 and a shade under 3Mbps actual transfer.

Is there any way to find out my current BRAS profile? I understand I am on
Datastream and not IPstream.....if that matters...?

Yes. Go to speedtester.bt.com and run the test. It'll tell you.

Graham

Old January 7th 08, 12:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Norman Vaughan

"Eeyore" wrote in message

Yes. Go to speedtester.bt.com and run the test. It'll tell you.

Graham

Nah, it doesn't work with Datastream.
Thanks anyway...
Norm

Old January 7th 08, 12:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kris

Norman Vaughan writes:
As the title, what sort of download speed should I expect if the router is
syncing at 3776 kbps ? Just after a approximate figure, thats all....

About 441 kilobytes per second real-world TCP/IP transfer speed for
uncompressed/slightly-compressed data. Slightly lower for highly
compressed stuff.
Old January 7th 08, 01:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Norman Vaughan wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote

Yes. Go to speedtester.bt.com and run the test. It'll tell you.

Graham

Nah, it doesn't work with Datastream.

How come you're on that ?

Graham

Old January 7th 08, 04:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
George Weston

"Eeyore" wrote in message

Norman Vaughan wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote

Yes. Go to speedtester.bt.com and run the test. It'll tell you.

Graham

Nah, it doesn't work with Datastream.

How come you're on that ?

Graham

Maybe on one of Tesco's low-speed "broadband" tariffs?

George

Old January 7th 08, 04:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Norman Vaughan

"Eeyore" wrote in message

Norman Vaughan wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote

Yes. Go to speedtester.bt.com and run the test. It'll tell you.

Graham

Nah, it doesn't work with Datastream.

How come you're on that ?

Graham

Tiscali (Datastream)
Norman

Old January 7th 08, 06:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

George Weston wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote
Norman Vaughan wrote:
"Eeyore" wrote

Yes. Go to speedtester.bt.com and run the test. It'll tell you.

Graham

Nah, it doesn't work with Datastream.

How come you're on that ?

Graham

Maybe on one of Tesco's low-speed "broadband" tariffs?

At 3776 kbps ?

Graham