ISP with Frontpage support

Old January 8th 08, 11:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil M.

Default ISP with Frontpage support

Hi, I'm with PlusNet and despite changing my account to Broadband Your Way
Option 1, PlusNet now tell me that they cannot provide Frontpage support due
to a problem with their scripts. PlusNet Support say that they are not
treating this as a matter of urgency and I am therefore left with little
choice other than to change ISP.

Can anyone recommend a "good" ISP that supports Frontpage Extensions for
around 14.99 a month?

Old January 8th 08, 12:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

Phil M. wrote:
Hi, I'm with PlusNet and despite changing my account to Broadband Your
Way Option 1, PlusNet now tell me that they cannot provide Frontpage
support due to a problem with their scripts. PlusNet Support say that
they are not treating this as a matter of urgency and I am therefore
left with little choice other than to change ISP.

Can anyone recommend a "good" ISP that supports Frontpage Extensions for
around 14.99 a month?

Pretty sure calarhost will do what yoiu want.

www.clara.net.

You don't have to change ISPs either..register a domain and pick a
hosting package.

Old January 8th 08, 02:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

Phil M. wrote:
Hi, I'm with PlusNet and despite changing my account to Broadband Your
Way Option 1, PlusNet now tell me that they cannot provide Frontpage
support due to a problem with their scripts. PlusNet Support say that
they are not treating this as a matter of urgency and I am therefore
left with little choice other than to change ISP.

Phil,

I had this bumped up the list of priorities the other day. I'm still
trying to chase things for you. I know you've been without service a
long time but thought I'd let you know that I hadn't forgotten about the
issue nonetheless.

Rgds,

--
+------ PlusNet - The smarter way to broadband ------
Old January 8th 08, 03:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

Phil M. wrote:
Hi, I'm with PlusNet and despite changing my account to Broadband Your
Way Option 1, PlusNet now tell me that they cannot provide Frontpage
support due to a problem with their scripts. PlusNet Support say that
they are not treating this as a matter of urgency and I am therefore
left with little choice other than to change ISP.

Can anyone recommend a "good" ISP that supports Frontpage Extensions for
around 14.99 a month?

A little OT, but I believe Frontpage has reached end of life now so you
may find less and less companies supporting it over time.

http://support2.rapidhost.co.uk/inde...ticl eid=1004

Rgds,

Old January 8th 08, 03:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Great Eastern

PlusNet Support Team wrote:
A little OT, but I believe Frontpage has reached end of life now so you
may find less and less companies supporting it over time.

Frontpage was at its "EOL" 10 years ago!
Old January 8th 08, 06:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

"Phil M." wrote in message

: : Hi, I'm with PlusNet and despite changing my account to
: : Broadband Your Way Option 1, PlusNet now tell me that
: : they cannot provide Frontpage support due to a problem
: : with their scripts. PlusNet Support say that they are
: : not treating this as a matter of urgency and I am
: : therefore left with little choice other than to change
: : ISP.
: :
: : Can anyone recommend a "good" ISP that supports
: : Frontpage Extensions for around 14.99 a month?

Depending on how much server disk space you want, try www.lcn.biz - note
that they do both Unix accounts which support FP and also Windows server
ones which don't, so be careful what you ask for.

Ivor

Old January 8th 08, 06:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

: : "Phil M." wrote in message
: :
: : : : Hi, I'm with PlusNet and despite changing my
: : : : account to Broadband Your Way Option 1, PlusNet now
: : : : tell me that they cannot provide Frontpage support
: : : : due to a problem with their scripts. PlusNet
: : : : Support say that they are not treating this as a
: : : : matter of urgency and I am therefore left with
: : : : little choice other than to change ISP.
: : : :
: : : : Can anyone recommend a "good" ISP that supports
: : : : Frontpage Extensions for around 14.99 a month?
: :
: : Depending on how much server disk space you want, try
: : www.lcn.biz - note that they do both Unix accounts
: : which support FP and also Windows server ones which
: : don't, so be careful what you ask for.

Oops just read your OP again and see you said ISP rather than web hosting,
but there's nothing stopping you using LCN with your existing ISP.

Ivor

Old January 8th 08, 11:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kenny

"Phil M." wrote in message ...
Hi, I'm with PlusNet and despite changing my account to Broadband Your Way Option 1, PlusNet now
tell me that they cannot provide Frontpage support due to a problem with their scripts. PlusNet
Support say that they are not treating this as a matter of urgency and I am therefore left with
little choice other than to change ISP.

Can anyone recommend a "good" ISP that supports Frontpage Extensions for around 14.99 a month?

On there web site it says:-
What happened to FrontPage?
After nine years of being an award-winning Web authoring tool, FrontPage will be discontinued in
late 2006.

so is it worth it

Old January 9th 08, 12:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gizmo.

"Great Eastern" wrote in message
PlusNet Support Team wrote:
A little OT, but I believe Frontpage has reached end of life now so you
may find less and less companies supporting it over time.

Frontpage was at its "EOL" 10 years ago!

Did it ever have a life ? ;o)