Want faster broadband?

Old January 10th 08, 09:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kim

Default Want faster broadband?

"Move to Kent" says BT

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/01..._ebbsfleet_go/

(kim)

Old January 11th 08, 09:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Custard

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 21:52:26 -0000, "kim" wrote:

"Move to Kent" says BT

Oh yes ! Move to Chavland?
The home of all the ex eastender scum who wanted to move to the
country then ruined it by bulldozing ancient apple and cherry orchards
to build plastic estates for plastic people with their 4X4's??
No thanks Ill put up with a bit slower BB

Old January 11th 08, 10:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nick

Custard wrote:
On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 21:52:26 -0000, "kim" wrote:

"Move to Kent" says BT

Oh yes ! Move to Chavland?
The home of all the ex eastender scum who wanted to move to the
country then ruined it by bulldozing ancient apple and cherry orchards
to build plastic estates for plastic people with their 4X4's??
No thanks Ill put up with a bit slower BB

Oi. I live in Kent and what your are implying is totally incorrect.

I don't get fast broadband.
Old January 11th 08, 08:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Pete L

On 11 Jan, 10:04, Nick wrote:
Custard wrote:
On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 21:52:26 -0000, "kim" wrote:

"Move to Kent" says BT

Oh yes ! Move to Chavland?
The home of all the ex eastender scum who wanted to move to the
country then ruined it by bulldozing ancient apple and cherry orchards
to build plastic estates for plastic people with their 4X4's??
No thanks Ill put up with a bit slower BB

Oi. I live in Kent and what your are implying is totally incorrect.

I don't get fast broadband.

Funny - here in Margate I get between 4 and 5Mb speed. When I lived in
Oxfordshire I was lucky to get 1.5Mb.So, perhaps us riff-raff are
lucky!
Old January 11th 08, 08:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
xCx

Pete L wrote:
On 11 Jan, 10:04, Nick wrote:
Custard wrote:
On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 21:52:26 -0000, "kim" wrote:
"Move to Kent" says BT
Oh yes ! Move to Chavland?
The home of all the ex eastender scum who wanted to move to the
country then ruined it by bulldozing ancient apple and cherry orchards
to build plastic estates for plastic people with their 4X4's??
No thanks Ill put up with a bit slower BB

Oi. I live in Kent and what your are implying is totally incorrect.

I don't get fast broadband.

Funny - here in Margate I get between 4 and 5Mb speed. When I lived in
Oxfordshire I was lucky to get 1.5Mb.So, perhaps us riff-raff are
lucky!

Pfff

I live in the north and I get 6.5mb.

I think it's a kind of consolation prize.

xCx
Old January 11th 08, 09:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 20:23:15 UTC, Pete L
wrote:

On 11 Jan, 10:04, Nick wrote:
Custard wrote:
On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 21:52:26 -0000, "kim" wrote:

"Move to Kent" says BT

Oh yes ! Move to Chavland?
The home of all the ex eastender scum who wanted to move to the
country then ruined it by bulldozing ancient apple and cherry orchards
to build plastic estates for plastic people with their 4X4's??
No thanks Ill put up with a bit slower BB

Oi. I live in Kent and what your are implying is totally incorrect.

I don't get fast broadband.

Funny - here in Margate I get between 4 and 5Mb speed. When I lived in
Oxfordshire I was lucky to get 1.5Mb.So, perhaps us riff-raff are
lucky!

I'm a few miles west of Margate and I get between 6MB/s and 7 Mb/s...!
euthanasia recommended. ]
Old January 11th 08, 09:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 20:46:45 UTC, xCx wrote:

I live in the north and I get 6.5mb.

That is indeed a consolation prize. The south get megabits, and the
north get millibits! :-)

euthanasia recommended. ]
Old January 11th 08, 11:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 12:23:15 -0800 (PST), Pete L
wrote:

Funny - here in Margate I get between 4 and 5Mb speed. When I lived in
Oxfordshire I was lucky to get 1.5Mb.So, perhaps us riff-raff are
lucky!

You can't have everything you can be across the channel in around 90
minutes from Margate via Euro tunnel stock up on cigs and booze and
be back home before tea plus easy access to London plus better weather
than we get up here .
If I lived down your way I don't think I would bother with BB a dial
up connection would do me fine .
Old January 13th 08, 10:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PAJ

On 11 Jan 2008 21:00:29 GMT, "Bob Eager" wrote:

I'm a few miles west of Margate and I get between 6MB/s and 7 Mb/s...!

A mix of megabytes and megabits in Margate LOL.
Quite a margin there Bob