Getting a Voip-in # from BetaMax in a country you don't live in?

Old January 10th 08, 03:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jose

Default Getting a Voip-in # from BetaMax in a country you don't live in?

Hi All,

Has anyone found out how to do this?

Suppose you have family in one country, and you live in a diferent
country, and would like them to be able to call you cheaply...

Regards,
Jose

Old January 10th 08, 08:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Philippe Deleye

"Jose" schreef in bericht

Suppose you have family in one country, and you live in a diferent
country, and would like them to be able to call you cheaply...

This works perfectly ..... but only for the countries where Betamax issues
Voip-in numbers
However you will need to indicate the country of your choice as your country
during registration

I have a german Betamax number, a dutch and a french one

rgds
Ph

Old January 11th 08, 02:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jose

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 20:15:04 +0100, "Philippe Deleye"
wrote:

However you will need to indicate the country of your choice as your country
during registration

It worked perfectly! Thanks a lot for the tip!

Regards,
Jose

PS - Can you forward incoming calls on those Betamax numbers to any
other number? I'm still trying, using the PAP2 settings, so far with
no luck, still hoping it's just something Betamax systems' will have
worked out in a few hours, as sometimes the call doesn't complete at
all, or I get a message "This user is not online at the moment" (which
is not true).
Old January 11th 08, 08:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

wrote:

However you will need to indicate the country of your choice as your
country during registration

It worked perfectly! Thanks a lot for the tip!

Regards,
Jose

PS - Can you forward incoming calls on those Betamax numbers to any
other number? I'm still trying, using the PAP2 settings, so far with
no luck, still hoping it's just something Betamax systems' will have
worked out in a few hours, as sometimes the call doesn't complete at
all, or I get a message "This user is not online at the moment" (which
is not true).

Yes, you can forwards calls, you log in on the website and then go to client
settings, then chose forward calls...

--
Worried about debt?
http://www.cccs.co.uk

Old January 11th 08, 11:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Philippe Deleye

"Jose" wrote in message

It worked perfectly! Thanks a lot for the tip!

Just for my interest:
* for which country you succeeded in getting a Voip-in nr
* what area code ?

Ph

Old January 11th 08, 12:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jose

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 07:45:39 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
wrote:

Yes, you can forwards calls, you log in on the website and then go to client
settings, then chose forward calls...

Amen to that brother, you've found the hidden treasure! It's already
working!

Best,
Jose

Old January 11th 08, 12:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jose

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 11:35:23 +0100, "Philippe Deleye"
wrote:

Just for my interest:
* for which country you succeeded in getting a Voip-in nr
* what area code ?

I hadn't a speciall interest in this or that country, but I had a
slight preference for UK numbers, and knew that Betamax was assigning
Voip-INs there.

So, I registered as living in the UK, and got a Voip-In number:
0560-xxx.xxxx.

Regards,
Jose
Old January 11th 08, 08:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Jose" wrote in message

: : On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 11:35:23 +0100, "Philippe Deleye"
: : wrote:
: :
: : : Just for my interest:
: : : * for which country you succeeded in getting a
: : : Voip-in nr
: : : * what area code ?
: :
: : I hadn't a speciall interest in this or that country,
: : but I had a slight preference for UK numbers, and knew
: : that Betamax was assigning Voip-INs there.
: :
: : So, I registered as living in the UK, and got a Voip-In
: : number: 0560-xxx.xxxx.

Oh dear. Couldn't you get a proper number..?

Ivor

Old January 11th 08, 09:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Iain

Ivor Jones wrote:

Oh dear. Couldn't you get a proper number..?

Well, that's all I could get. One Euro down the drain.

Iain