incoming call help

Old January 12th 08, 10:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
barristernet

Default incoming call help

Can anyone help me? I've finally set up my voip calls using
voipdiscount. I'm making calls via my pap2 adapter. Everything is fine
but I would like use my sipgate number be shown as the outgoing caller
id and also receive calls on the same number, is this possible and if
so, can you advise how?

cheers

View this thread: http://www.wirelessforums.org/showthread.php?t=36694
http://www.wirelessforums.org

Old January 13th 08, 10:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Soruk

On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 17:22:41 -0500, barristernet wrote:

Can anyone help me? I've finally set up my voip calls using
voipdiscount. I'm making calls via my pap2 adapter. Everything is fine
but I would like use my sipgate number be shown as the outgoing caller
id and also receive calls on the same number, is this possible and if
so, can you advise how?

Can the PAP2 register to more than one trunk? If so, then you could do
what I use Trixbox for.

My VoipCheap service presents the caller ID of my Tesco Internet Phone
line (free real geographic number) and this is achieved using their
softphone application on a PC. You never have to use it again after this.
Trixbox registers with both VoipCheap and Tesco, so incoming calls come in
over Tesco, outgoing calls can go over either but present the Tesco
number.

Hope that made sense ^_^

Old January 13th 08, 12:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

barristernet wrote:
Can anyone help me? I've finally set up my voip calls using
voipdiscount. I'm making calls via my pap2 adapter. Everything is fine
but I would like use my sipgate number be shown as the outgoing caller
id and also receive calls on the same number, is this possible and if
so, can you advise how?

cheers

Download the VoIP Discount software.

Disable the line on the PAP2 you have for VoIP Discount (You can only log in
at one location).

In the VoIP Discount software, go to Profile and under phone numbers select
Home from the drop down menu, then enter your Sipgate number and OK that.
Enter number in International format, eg, +44161.....,
+44121......,+4420.... etc.

Then go to Options / Settings - Caller ID and click on Verify next to the
Sipgate number now listed there. The display will show a four digit number
and shortly afterwards your Sipgate phone line will ring and ask you to
enter that four digit number, and your number will be verified.

Once that is verified you can exit the VoIP Discount software, you'll have
to alter the option in the software not to start at boot up if you wish the
software to remain on the PC - maybe for cheap SMS.

Now log into your PAP2.

Go to the Line you have the VoIP Discount details on.

In User ID: Enter your Verified Sipgate number, this can be in normal UK
format if you wish 0161.., 0121.., 020.. or +44... or 0044 format all work
the same.

In Auth ID: Enter your VoIP Discount User Name.

In Use Auth ID: Select YES.

Enable the line again.

Save those changes.

Now when you dial out on the PAP2 VoIP Discount line, it will send your
Sipgate CLID.

Occasionally VoIPDiscount may lose the Verified number and you have to go
through the verifying again.

--
Worried about debt?
http://www.cccs.co.uk

Old January 13th 08, 12:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.

Occasionally VoIPDiscount may lose the Verified number and you have to go
through the verifying again.

I'm glad that hasn't happened to me yet. One of my Betamax registered
numbers
resides in normally unoccupied premises 100 miles away.

--
Graham

%Profound_observation%

Old January 13th 08, 03:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
barristernet

Thanks for all your help.

I have managed to setup the Caller ID. Just to complete the last part
of my problem. How do I set up my pap2 configuration so that I make
calls using the voipdiscount facility but receive calls on my sipgate
number.

I only wish to use one line so looking at the pap2 settings, how can
someone kindly tell me how this can be done?

Thanks in advance

Old January 13th 08, 09:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Iain

Graham. wrote:

I'm glad that hasn't happened to me yet. One of my Betamax registered
numbers
resides in normally unoccupied premises 100 miles away.

Well, if you set things up properly, you ought to be able to configure
it remotely.
Old January 13th 08, 11:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.

"Iain" wrote in message
Graham. wrote:

I'm glad that hasn't happened to me yet. One of my Betamax registered
numbers
resides in normally unoccupied premises 100 miles away.

Well, if you set things up properly, you ought to be able to configure it
remotely.

Its just a BT landline, what do you suggest?

--
Graham

%Profound_observation%

Old January 14th 08, 12:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Iain

Graham. wrote:

Well, if you set things up properly, you ought to be able to configure it
remotely.

Its just a BT landline, what do you suggest?

Ah, I see. Thought the ATA was at the remote end. Can you set up call
diversion on the line? Possibly not remotely, knowing BT.
Old January 14th 08, 04:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alexd

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 00:51:21 +0000, Iain wrote:

Graham. wrote:

Well, if you set things up properly, you ought to be able to configure
it remotely.

Its just a BT landline, what do you suggest?

Ah, I see. Thought the ATA was at the remote end. Can you set up call
diversion on the line? Possibly not remotely, knowing BT.

You can probably ring BT and ask them to do it for you. Paying for the
diversion beats a 200 mile round trip in my book!

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
16:54:53 up 9 days, 7:19, 2 users, load average: 1.25, 1.20, 1.13
Old January 14th 08, 06:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

It happens that alexd formulated :

Graham. wrote:

Well, if you set things up properly, you ought to be able to configure
it remotely.

Its just a BT landline, what do you suggest?

Ah, I see. Thought the ATA was at the remote end. Can you set up call
diversion on the line? Possibly not remotely, knowing BT.

You can probably ring BT and ask them to do it for you. Paying for the
diversion beats a 200 mile round trip in my book!

.....BT have a service called "Smart Divert"

This allows a user to dial a control number and set up / turn on/off
diverts remotely. AFAIK, it is only available on business lines. Good
little service, though.

Alternatively, an "Administration Provided Call Divert" can be
requested. This should be available on Residential lines, however, has
the disadvantage of it being necessary to contact the SP to make any
changes. that said, you can have divert on busy/no answer or all calls
set up.