Linksys SPA-3102 endng calls

Old January 14th 08, 05:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Zid Swanish

Default Linksys SPA-3102 endng calls

I am using Linksys SPA-3102 like this. I have a GSM gateway connected to the
PSTN port, when I dial the GSM gateway from my mobile the SPA-3102 answers
it and then gives me a dial tone using my VOIP account, I can then make
calls from my mobile through my VOIP account, (Great I hear you say) The
problem is if I want to make another call from my mobile through me VOIP
account I need to end the call on my mobile and dial again. What I would
like to do if possible is just hang up the VOIP side of the call and have a
dial tone again without redialling into the Gateway. Any ideas? Thank you in
advance

Old January 14th 08, 11:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 16:41:07 -0000, "Zid Swanish"
wrote:

I am using Linksys SPA-3102 like this. I have a GSM gateway connected to the
PSTN port, when I dial the GSM gateway from my mobile the SPA-3102 answers
it and then gives me a dial tone using my VOIP account, I can then make
calls from my mobile through my VOIP account, (Great I hear you say) The
problem is if I want to make another call from my mobile through me VOIP
account I need to end the call on my mobile and dial again. What I would
like to do if possible is just hang up the VOIP side of the call and have a
dial tone again without redialling into the Gateway. Any ideas? Thank you in
advance

I don't know if I've really understood you but I think I have. I don't
know how you would solve this problem with the apparatus 'as
is'...though it would be interesting to read of a solution.
If I was faced with this I would make use of a DTMF decoder chip. I'd
interface the PSTN ATA connection to GSM gateway with a relay
controlled switch. Then I'd devise some electronics to make use of the
DTMF decoder chip to control the relay such that when, say, a '#'
signal was received it open circuited the link - hence the call goes
down.
In summary...detect a '#' being dialled by the mobile phone and open
circuit the connection to the PSTN connection on the ATA in response.

---
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
---
Old January 15th 08, 12:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

on 14/01/2008, Brian A supposed :
wrote:

[...]

Does that mean you thought he might be asking how to make a follow-on
call when using the PSTN-to-VoIP gateway when ringing from his
mobile....?

;-)

Old January 15th 08, 03:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
mr deo

I don't know if I've really understood you but I think I have. I don't
know how you would solve this problem with the apparatus 'as
is'...though it would be interesting to read of a solution.
If I was faced with this I would make use of a DTMF decoder chip. I'd
interface the PSTN ATA connection to GSM gateway with a relay
controlled switch. Then I'd devise some electronics to make use of the
DTMF decoder chip to control the relay such that when, say, a '#'
signal was received it open circuited the link - hence the call goes
down.
In summary...detect a '#' being dialled by the mobile phone and open
circuit the connection to the PSTN connection on the ATA in response.

I rekon you understood him......
But he's gonna scratch his head a little bit .

Old January 15th 08, 12:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

wrote:

[...]

Well, Yes, but I have never tried doing this as I don't have a PSTN
line so was unable to comment as to whether this might be possible 'as
is' but I couldn't see a way.
Building up a DTMF detector isn't difficult. I once did it to control
a remote computer over the phone. Put together that and perhaps a
transistor to drive a relay and it's done.

---
Old January 16th 08, 12:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On 115, 12ʱ41, "Zid Swanish" wrote:
I am using Linksys SPA-3102 like this. I have a GSM gateway connected to the
PSTN port, when I dial the GSM gateway from my mobile the SPA-3102 answers
it and then gives me a dial tone using my VOIP account, I can then make
calls from my mobile through my VOIP account, (Great I hear you say) The
problem is if I want to make another call from my mobile through me VOIP
account I need to end the call on my mobile and dial again. What I would
like to do if possible is just hang up the VOIP side of the call and have a
dial tone again without redialling into the Gateway. Any ideas? Thank you in
advance

It depends on your service provider and your ATA. As I know, no ATA
can do it, even my Shang332. because the fxo call state machine would
never back to wait new call after they get calls. If you use
asterisk, you could write a dial plan to repeat it.

Leon
telecomchinasourcing.com