BT Converse 1400 2-Line phone

Old January 14th 08, 04:52 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip
Roger Mills

Default BT Converse 1400 2-Line phone

I have one of these phones (bought at a car boot sale!) with one line
connected to BT and the other to my VoIP ATA - and it's brilliant when it
works.

However it has a tendancy for the LCD display to disappear or collapse to a
single line, and needs a lot of judicious massaging to restore it.

I would like to replace it with another of the same type, but it is a
discontinued model and no-one seems to have any. The only 2-line corded
phone available seems to be the ATL Delta 700 - and that doesn't come
anywhere near the Converse 1400 for convenience of use.

Can anyone suggest where I might get a (used, if necessary - so long as it
works) Converse 1400? It seems to me that some firms may be replacing these
with DECT phones . If so, what happens to the old ones?

TIA.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Old January 14th 08, 05:24 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip
kráftéé

Roger Mills wrote:
I have one of these phones (bought at a car boot sale!) with one
line connected to BT and the other to my VoIP ATA - and it's
brilliant when it works.

However it has a tendancy for the LCD display to disappear or
collapse to a single line, and needs a lot of judicious massaging
to restore it.
I would like to replace it with another of the same type, but it is
a discontinued model and no-one seems to have any. The only 2-line
corded phone available seems to be the ATL Delta 700 - and that
doesn't come anywhere near the Converse 1400 for convenience of use.

Can anyone suggest where I might get a (used, if necessary - so
long as it works) Converse 1400? It seems to me that some firms may
be replacing these with DECT phones . If so, what happens to the
old ones?
TIA.

A little bit obvious but have you tried Ebay....

Old January 14th 08, 05:42 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip
Roger Mills

kraftee wrote:

Roger Mills wrote:
[...]

Yes - no joy! Best I can find is a User Manual - and I already have one!

There must surely be some outfits around which deal in second-hand telecoms
kit - but it's knowing where to find them.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Old January 14th 08, 06:13 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip
xCx

Roger Mills wrote:
kraftee wrote:

Roger Mills wrote:
[...]

I've had the same problem, have never been able to get hold of
one, how about a converse 2025?

--
xCx
*Disclaimer* My opinions are mine and I do not represent
Old January 14th 08, 06:59 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip
Roger Mills

xCx wrote:

Roger Mills wrote:

There must surely be some outfits around which deal in second-hand
telecoms kit - but it's knowing where to find them.

I've had the same problem, have never been able to get hold of
one, how about a converse 2025?

Unfortunately, that's just a re-badged ATL Delta 700. It just ain't the
same!
--
Cheers,
Roger

Old January 14th 08, 07:25 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip
[.n]

"Roger Mills" wrote in message
xCx wrote:

Roger Mills wrote:

There must surely be some outfits around which deal in second-hand
telecoms kit - but it's knowing where to find them.

I've had the same problem, have never been able to get hold of
one, how about a converse 2025?

Unfortunately, that's just a re-badged ATL Delta 700. It just ain't the
same!

I quite like my converse 2025 I find thse people good usually (though OOS
for what you want atm)

http://www.telephonesonline.co.uk/li...=converse+1400

HTH

Old January 14th 08, 09:09 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip
xCx

Roger Mills wrote:

http://www.affableaardvark.com/index...ducts_id=53589

Old January 14th 08, 09:51 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip
kráftéé

Roger Mills wrote:
kraftee wrote:

Roger Mills wrote:
[...]

One look does not make a complete search, if you really wanted it you
would search at various times of day as auctions are coming & going
all the time. It's taken me 3 months to find something I was after &
last night the perfect example showed up & I bought it.

Moral is to search & keep searching & not giveup after the first
attempt..

Old January 14th 08, 10:33 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip
Roger Mills

xCx wrote:

Roger Mills wrote:
xCx wrote:

Roger Mills wrote:
There must surely be some outfits around which deal in second-hand
telecoms kit - but it's knowing where to find them.
I've had the same problem, have never been able to get hold of
one, how about a converse 2025?

Unfortunately, that's just a re-badged ATL Delta 700. It just ain't
the same!

http://www.affableaardvark.com/index...ducts_id=53589

Thanks - I'll check them out tomorrow to see whether they've actually got
any.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Old January 14th 08, 10:33 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip
Graham.

"kraftee" wrote in message
Roger Mills wrote:
kraftee wrote:

Roger Mills wrote:
[...]

And set up email alerts with a well worded search strings.
That's how I found the obsolete gas valve for my old boiler,
or rather it found me.
--
Graham

%Profound_observation%