SKY news groups?

Old January 14th 08, 10:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
SRT

Default SKY news groups?

Hi,
Noticing the thread on sky. I understand it carries no newsreader. Is there
a particularly good option that may be obtained to replace my existing one
(Zen). I know its a good isp but the cost and poor limit (17.99 + 2gb pr
month) is tempting me- - not to mention the speed factors. I use windows
vista and vista email- is that possible with sky--not just a web based email
is it? tia.
Stuart.

Old January 14th 08, 10:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham.

"srt" wrote in message
Hi,
Noticing the thread on sky. I understand it carries no newsreader. Is
there a particularly good option that may be obtained to replace my
existing one (Zen). I know its a good isp but the cost and poor limit
(17.99 + 2gb pr month) is tempting me- - not to mention the speed factors.
I use windows vista and vista email- is that possible with sky--not just a
web based email is it? tia.
Stuart.

Newsserver you mean, the newsreader is the software you use to
access it.
For text groups there is no need for the absence of a newsserver
to influence your choice of ISP, as there are plenty of 3rd party
ones you can use. individual.de is very good, they charge a token
fee. I use news.motzarella.org which is totally free and works well
another free one I have used is news.datemas.de

--
Graham

%Profound_observation%

Old January 14th 08, 10:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
HVS

On 14 Jan 2008, Graham. wrote

"srt" wrote in message
[...]

FWIW, I've used albasani for some time now -- another free/text-only
server, excellent in my experience.

Site: www.albasani.net

--
Cheers,
Harvey
Old January 15th 08, 01:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

HVS wrote:
On 14 Jan 2008, Graham. wrote

"srt" wrote in message
[...]

I've used albasani, motzarella and individual.

All good.

--
Worried about debt?
http://www.cccs.co.uk
Old January 15th 08, 09:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
SRT

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
.uk...
HVS wrote:
On 14 Jan 2008, Graham. wrote

"srt" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks for those suggestions folks - - really appreciate it.
Regards
Stuart.