BT Broadband Talk SIP

Old January 14th 08, 10:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave Saville

Default BT Broadband Talk SIP

Someone here a week or so ago kindly told me how to "dial" a BT home
hub from a SIP phone. I tried this today, having just found out the
hubs IP, and it works! Thank you whoever it was.

So my second question is the other way around. How does one do it
*from* a home hub?

Third question. The other week my friend with said home hub got an
email from BT saying that their "improved" security had changed the
password on the hub from the default "admin" to the serial number of
the hub. He then had to login to the hub and set a new password. Which
was done and of course no one can remember the new password. Now the
docs on BT's site, which I am doubtfull about because they still say
admin/admin, say if you lose the password reset the hub to factory
default. Has anyone ever done this and how much faffing about do you
have to do afterwards? For example I assume you have to reregister the
phone etc. Does it still connect after the reset or do you need to
trawl through loads of settings you can't make a note of because
that's why you reset the darn thing in the first place.

TIA
--
Regards
Dave Saville

Old January 17th 08, 03:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Brown

On 14 Jan 2008 22:25:07 GMT, "Dave Saville"
wrote:

Someone here a week or so ago kindly told me how to "dial" a BT home
hub from a SIP phone. I tried this today, having just found out the
hubs IP, and it works! Thank you whoever it was.

It is useful!

So my second question is the other way around. How does one do it
*from* a home hub?

You can't directly call sip addresses from the hubphone. You could,
however, use the services of Sipbroker.com and through dialling a
(presumably) local rate access number then enter a string of digits to
call a sip address. Sipbroker also provide an alias service to permit
a number to map to an alphanumeric SIP address, thus removing one of
the limitations of using an old fashioned telephone in the world of
SIP.

dave