Talk Talk deal

Old January 16th 08, 11:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Hugh

Default Talk Talk deal

Hi
I'm currently receiving 1M BB with tiscali (13 + 10.50 for Line to BT) .
I had a flyer from TT saying "Free BB for 16" if you move line to them
from BT. Apparently they are unbundled at local exchange and estimate I can
get 2.6M (ADSL2) as opposed to Tiscali 1M using BT wholesale. I know others
experiences with TT BB are very mixed/poor, but wondered on the wisdom of
switching the line to them from BT as the farmers around here have a habit
of getting the lines tangled in their hedgecutters, and its a pain getting
it sorted. Would it be more difficult with TT?. Tiscali are a pain as they
block access NG servers (nnpt) between 6 -10.30pm.

Anyone have any experience views on them?

Hugh

Old January 16th 08, 11:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tony h

Hugh wrote:
Hi
I'm currently receiving 1M BB with tiscali (13 + 10.50 for Line to
BT) . I had a flyer from TT saying "Free BB for 16" if you move
line to them from BT. Apparently they are unbundled at local
exchange and estimate I can get 2.6M (ADSL2) as opposed to Tiscali 1M
using BT wholesale. I know others experiences with TT BB are very
mixed/poor, but wondered on the wisdom of switching the line to them
from BT as the farmers around here have a habit of getting the lines
tangled in their hedgecutters, and its a pain getting it sorted. Would it
be more difficult with TT?. Tiscali are a pain as they
block access NG servers (nnpt) between 6 -10.30pm.
Anyone have any experience views on them?

Hugh

3 words
Frying
Pan
Fire
i understand that you are with tiscali, and they are pretty dire, but
talktalk are no better, and once on their llu kit often worse (hard to
believe, i know).

Old January 17th 08, 12:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
George Weston

"Hugh" wrote in message
reenews.net...
Hi
I'm currently receiving 1M BB with tiscali (13 + 10.50 for Line to BT) .
I had a flyer from TT saying "Free BB for 16" if you move line to them
from BT. Apparently they are unbundled at local exchange and estimate I
can get 2.6M (ADSL2) as opposed to Tiscali 1M using BT wholesale. I know
others experiences with TT BB are very mixed/poor, but wondered on the
wisdom of switching the line to them from BT as the farmers around here
have a habit of getting the lines tangled in their hedgecutters, and its a
pain getting it sorted. Would it be more difficult with TT?. Tiscali are
a pain as they block access NG servers (nnpt) between 6 -10.30pm.

Anyone have any experience views on them?

Hugh

I'm still with BT for my phone service but use Plusnet for broadband.
Yesterday afternoon the dreaded hedge-cutters invaded my village and managed
to wrench my dropwire away from my house, leaving a neat hole in my plastic
barge-board and a drooping cable.
We called BT on 151 and two Openreach technicians were with us within less
than 2 hours - which astonished me, as we live out in the sticks, 8 miles
from anywhere.
They re-fixed the dropwire, repaired a joint and worked well into the hours
of darkness to get us working again.
I'm glad I stayed with BT as my phone supplier, as otherwise, I would have
had to make the fault report to my phone supplier, who perhaps could not be
relied upon to report it on to Openreach or follow it up properly, judging
by reports from others in this newsgroup.

George