Modems - which one

Old January 18th 08, 11:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Modems - which one

I have a choice of two modems/routers and wonder if anyone knows which is
best.
BT Voyager 2110 or Speedthouch 780
TIA - Mick

Old January 18th 08, 11:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns

On 18/01/2008 11:14, M wrote:

BT Voyager 2110 or Speedthouch 780

That's a bit of a mondeo vs vectra question.
Old January 18th 08, 11:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve

"M" wrote in message
I have a choice of two modems/routers and wonder if anyone knows which is
best.
BT Voyager 2110 or Speedthouch 780
TIA - Mick

They are both good modems, they will both deliver.

I have installed many of both... Not had any issues.

Best you choose the one you like the look of most.

Old January 18th 08, 11:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

Andy Burns wrote:
On 18/01/2008 11:14, M wrote:

BT Voyager 2110 or Speedthouch 780

That's a bit of a mondeo vs vectra question.

and that helps how, exactly?

I have no experience of either one, I'm afraid, but I can say that my old BT
Voyager 2091 was brilliant. It once had an uptime of 637 days, 14 hours and
37 minutes with no dropouts or problems of any kind and gave a rock solid
connection synched with the exchange at 8096kbps. If the 2110 is as good you
definitely won't be disappointed with it.

On the other hand, Speedtouch are the manufacturers of that hideous piece of
crap, the BT Home Hub, so I'd steer well clear of that one.

Just my tuppenceworth,

John