Changing ISP Mid-term

Old January 19th 08, 06:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike P

Default Changing ISP Mid-term

How much does it cost to change ISP mid-contract? I've been with Tiscali
about 20 months now and it's gone from perfectly OK, to ****e in about 3
months.

Will I have to pay off the rest of my Tiscali contract?

Cheers
Mike P

--

I love to travel, but I hate to arrive.

Old January 19th 08, 06:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nigel Cliffe

Mike P wrote:
How much does it cost to change ISP mid-contract? I've been with
Tiscali about 20 months now and it's gone from perfectly OK, to ****e
in about 3 months.

Will I have to pay off the rest of my Tiscali contract?

It will be in your contract, and will vary from ISP to ISP. But generally,
yes, an ISP will expect you to pay for the full term of the contract.

If its not working, you may have a case to sue them for failure to provide
their part of the contract.

- Nigel

--
Nigel Cliffe,
Webmaster at http://www.2mm.org.uk/

Old January 19th 08, 07:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

Will I have to pay off the rest of my Tiscali contract?

How long was the contract ?
Old January 19th 08, 08:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Nigel Cliffe wrote:

Mike P wrote:
How much does it cost to change ISP mid-contract? I've been with
Tiscali about 20 months now and it's gone from perfectly OK, to ****e
in about 3 months.

Will I have to pay off the rest of my Tiscali contract?

It will be in your contract, and will vary from ISP to ISP. But generally,
yes, an ISP will expect you to pay for the full term of the contract.

If its not working, you may have a case to sue them for failure to provide
their part of the contract.

Worth using as a lever to get out of the contract.

Also complain to Ofcom. They need to take action to stop useless ISPs tying
people into contacts with dysfuntional providers.

Graham