Faceplate splitters

Old January 19th 08, 09:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Herman

Default Faceplate splitters

Just trying to source a good quality faceplate filter, as I am about to have
ADSL broadband installed again, and the BT engineer reckons 2Mbps should be
achievable on my line (they could only give me 1Mbps last time I had
broadband because of the line quality).

I seem to remember the ADSL Nation splitter was reckoned to be good quality.
However I see they have two products which seem to be exactly the same
(XTE-2005 and NTE-2005) but one costs a couple of squid more than the other.
Are they the same? Are there any better quality ones out there?

Thanks,

Herman

Old January 19th 08, 09:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns

On 19/01/2008 21:31, Herman wrote:

I seem to remember the ADSL Nation splitter was reckoned to be good quality.
However I see they have two products which seem to be exactly the same
(XTE-2005 and NTE-2005) but one costs a couple of squid more than the other.
Are they the same?

The XTE looks to be just the faceplate itself, the NTE is a master
socket *with* faceplate.
Old January 19th 08, 09:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
naza

--

From what I know the NTE-2005 is just a version of BT's faceplate
which BT would install but this one has IDC connectors at the back to

Old January 20th 08, 09:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gel

Good guidance he-

http://www.solwise.co.uk/adsl_splitters.htm

Old January 20th 08, 01:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alan

In message , Herman
[email protected] foot.com wrote
Just trying to source a good quality faceplate filter, as I am about to have
ADSL broadband installed again, and the BT engineer reckons 2Mbps should be
achievable on my line (they could only give me 1Mbps last time I had
broadband because of the line quality).

I seem to remember the ADSL Nation splitter was reckoned to be good quality.
However I see they have two products which seem to be exactly the same
(XTE-2005 and NTE-2005) but one costs a couple of squid more than the other.
Are they the same? Are there any better quality ones out there?

They are not the same. The NTE-2005 is a BT clone filter with a few
extra connectors.

The XTE-2005 has a different filter.

I have the XTE variant and have no complaints about its operation..

http://www.adslnation.com/support/filters.php
Note that this page just indicates what is inside a filter and not
necessarily shows its ability in separating phone from ADSL.

Other suppliers often recommended are
http://www.solwise.co.uk/adsl_splitters.htm
http://www.clarity.it/xcart/home.php?cat=262

--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com
Old January 20th 08, 04:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Saville

On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 21:58:19 UTC, naza wrote:

But qualitywise they
both are very good quality, the only difference is that some people
have had problems with some coreless phones with the XTE-2005

Interesting, such as?
--
Regards
Dave Saville

Old January 20th 08, 06:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tony h

Alan wrote:
In message , Herman
[...]

if only someone would make one in chrome, to match the other sockets in my
house

Old January 20th 08, 08:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
naza

On 20 Jan, 16:37, "Dave Saville" wrote:
On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 21:58:19 UTC, naza wrote:
But qualitywise they
both are very good quality, the only difference is that some people
have had problems with some coreless phones with the XTE-2005

Interesting, such as?

Well basically I saw this on some reviews for the XTE-2005 and some
people found that the noise margin value reduced so they got lower
values whereas some people found that their cordless phones would not
function correctly and problems with calls like quieter and crackling
and stuff

Old January 21st 08, 12:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

naza wrote:

On 20 Jan, 16:37, "Dave Saville" wrote:
On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 21:58:19 UTC, naza wrote:
But qualitywise they
both are very good quality, the only difference is that some people
have had problems with some coreless phones with the XTE-2005

Interesting, such as?

Well basically I saw this on some reviews for the XTE-2005 and some
people found that the noise margin value reduced so they got lower
values whereas some people found that their cordless phones would not
function correctly and problems with calls like quieter and crackling
and stuff

How on earth does an ADSL filter stop cordless phones working ?

Graham

Old January 21st 08, 07:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Herman

"tony h" wrote in message
Alan wrote:
In message , Herman
[...]

Cheers all for the recommendations. For those interested, last time the
modem was stuck on an extension in the loft. Connecting it straight to the
master socket obviously has the biggest potential for improving things.
Followed by filtering the extension wiring as POTS only from the circuit at
source. I just didn't want to ruin all that with a crap filter on the
faceplate. Thanks once again.