Anyone had a regrade? (with Eclipse?)

Old January 19th 08, 10:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
bornfree

Default Anyone had a regrade? (with Eclipse?)

Wondering what other peoples experience of getting a regrade to a
higher package is.

Does your service stop for a few hours/ days when you get a regrade?

Currently Eclipse Evolution Option 1 - £14.99
Old January 20th 08, 12:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
brightside S9

On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 14:47:40 -0800 (PST), bornfree
wrote:

Wondering what other peoples experience of getting a regrade to a
higher package is.

Does your service stop for a few hours/ days when you get a regrade?

Currently Eclipse Evolution Option 1 - £14.99

According to

http://kb.eclipse.net.uk/display/2/i...se&r=0.7663342

the information on how to do t is there and who to contact if you have
questions.

--
brightside
Old January 20th 08, 01:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ZZzz

"bornfree" wrote in message
Wondering what other peoples experience of getting a regrade to a
higher package is.

Does your service stop for a few hours/ days when you get a regrade?

Currently Eclipse Evolution Option 1 - £14.99

I haven't seen any downtime whenever I've regraded, which I've done several
times on Eclipse, generally it's just settings change on their servers.

Old January 20th 08, 04:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
bornfree

On 20 Jan, 13:06, "ZZzz" wrote:
"bornfree" wrote in message

Wondering what other peoples experience of getting a regrade to a
higher package is.

Does your service stop for a few hours/ days when you get a regrade?

Currently Eclipse Evolution Option 1 - £14.99

I haven't seen any downtime whenever I've regraded, which I've done several
times on Eclipse, generally it's just settings change on their servers.

Thanks Z!

Did you see much performance increase?
Old January 20th 08, 05:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ZZzz

"bornfree" wrote in message
On 20 Jan, 13:06, "ZZzz" wrote:
"bornfree" wrote in message

Wondering what other peoples experience of getting a regrade to a
higher package is.

Does your service stop for a few hours/ days when you get a regrade?

Currently Eclipse Evolution Option 1 - £14.99

I haven't seen any downtime whenever I've regraded, which I've done
several
times on Eclipse, generally it's just settings change on their servers.

Thanks Z!

Did you see much performance increase?

A slight increase at the busy times, i.e. 6 to 11 in the evening, other than
that not really.

Old January 20th 08, 06:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tony h

ZZzz wrote:
"bornfree" wrote in message
On 20 Jan, 13:06, "ZZzz" wrote:
"bornfree" wrote in message

Wondering what other peoples experience of getting a regrade to a
higher package is.

Does your service stop for a few hours/ days when you get a
regrade?

Currently Eclipse Evolution Option 1 - £14.99

I haven't seen any downtime whenever I've regraded, which I've done
several
times on Eclipse, generally it's just settings change on their
servers.

Thanks Z!

Did you see much performance increase?

A slight increase at the busy times, i.e. 6 to 11 in the evening,
other than that not really.

rather than regrade and get tied in for another 12 months, why not migrate?
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/isp/co...mmit=Com pare

Old January 21st 08, 03:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
bornfree

On 20 Jan, 18:57, "tony h" wrote:
ZZzz wrote:
"bornfree" wrote in message
On 20 Jan, 13:06, "ZZzz" wrote:
"bornfree" wrote in message

Wondering what other peoples experience of getting a regrade to a
higher package is.

Does your service stop for a few hours/ days when you get a
regrade?

Currently Eclipse Evolution Option 1 - £14.99

I haven't seen any downtime whenever I've regraded, which I've done
several
times on Eclipse, generally it's just settings change on their
servers.

Thanks Z!

Did you see much performance increase?

A slight increase at the busy times, i.e. 6 to 11 in the evening,
other than that not really.

rather than regrade and get tied in for another 12 months, why not migrate?

As far as I know regrading doesn't tie you in on Eclipse. If I'm wrong
I stand corrected.

Your choice of comparison ISPs make a compelling proposal! However
unfortunately IDnet and Entanet don't even come close for value.
Neither of them provide up to 8mb (4mb real world) unlimited usage
for just £14.99/ month.

The only group who can better that, that I have found, are Be. Be
offer the same (up to 8mb) as Eclipse for 99p less. However it will
take more than 99p to get me to shift.

If someone proves to me that my line can get significantly better
speeds on a 24MB connection, then I will migrate to Be Unlimited (£18p/
m).
Old January 21st 08, 04:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
bornfree

On 21 Jan, 03:38, bornfree wrote:
On 20 Jan, 18:57, "tony h" wrote:

ZZzz wrote:
"bornfree" wrote in message
On 20 Jan, 13:06, "ZZzz" wrote:
"bornfree" wrote in message

[...]

I just called Be (yes, at 4 in the morning!). An Asian lady in sales
told me my line would support "3 or 4 megs". I have to commend her for
not pressuring me into buying.

Anyway, there we have it. I'm not shifting until I move house.
Old January 21st 08, 02:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
alexd

On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 20:05:59 -0800, bornfree wrote:

If someone proves to me that my line can get significantly better
speeds on a 24MB connection, then I will migrate to Be Unlimited (£18p/
m).

I just called Be (yes, at 4 in the morning!). An Asian lady in sales
told me my line would support "3 or 4 megs". I have to commend her for
not pressuring me into buying.

Anyway, there we have it. I'm not shifting until I move house.

The line stats from your router will be a better guide to what speed your
line supports than what any sales person says.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
14:42:43 up 16 days, 5:07, 2 users, load average: 1.34, 1.23, 1.19