spa1001 and pap2

Old January 22nd 08, 09:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
bob garbutt

Default spa1001 and pap2

hi there,

I'm using a SPA1001 with two providers on the one line of the device ie
voipcheap for out going calls and sipgate for in coming calls! I have a
pap2 and was hoping to have two providers on line 1 and another two on
line two but it seems that you can only have one provider for each
physical line, is that so?

Bob
Old January 22nd 08, 01:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tim

bob garbutt wrote:

I have a
pap2 and was hoping to have two providers on line 1 and another two on
line two but it seems that you can only have one provider for each
physical line, is that so?

Correct.

You can have multiple outbound providers on one physical line on an
SPA-3102.

Tim
Old January 22nd 08, 01:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Oldie

In article ,
bob garbutt wrote:

hi there,

I'm using a SPA1001 with two providers on the one line of the device ie
voipcheap for out going calls and sipgate for in coming calls! I have a
pap2 and was hoping to have two providers on line 1 and another two on
line two but it seems that you can only have one provider for each
physical line, is that so?

Bob

You can do this with Voxalot - on any ATA.

Oldie
Old January 22nd 08, 01:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
bob garbutt

Oldie wrote:
In article ,
bob garbutt wrote:

hi there,

I'm using a SPA1001 with two providers on the one line of the device ie
voipcheap for out going calls and sipgate for in coming calls! I have a
pap2 and was hoping to have two providers on line 1 and another two on
line two but it seems that you can only have one provider for each
physical line, is that so?

Bob

You can do this with Voxalot - on any ATA.

Oldie

thats a pain, so that it's not possible then, I read somewhere that you
could put the firmware from a spa1001 onto the pap2 to get it to work?

bob
Old January 23rd 08, 11:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 13:46:45 GMT, bob garbutt
wrote:

Oldie wrote:
In article ,
bob garbutt wrote:

hi there,

I'm using a SPA1001 with two providers on the one line of the device ie
voipcheap for out going calls and sipgate for in coming calls! I have a
pap2 and was hoping to have two providers on line 1 and another two on
line two but it seems that you can only have one provider for each
physical line, is that so?

Bob

You can do this with Voxalot - on any ATA.

Oldie

thats a pain, so that it's not possible then, I read somewhere that you
could put the firmware from a spa1001 onto the pap2 to get it to work?

Yes, I have read many articles on this. However, you do take a risk in
that somthing may go wrong and you and up with a 'brick'.
Why not take the advice of 'Oldie' and look at Voxalot. It is easy to
use and will allow you to have trillions of outgoing providers.
If you want any incoming providers you'll have to pay. If you don't
want to pay you can use mysipswitch but, personally, I'd go for
Voxalot.

---
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
---
Old January 25th 08, 07:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
B. Wright

bob garbutt wrote:
Oldie wrote:
In article ,
bob garbutt wrote:

hi there,

I'm using a SPA1001 with two providers on the one line of the device ie
voipcheap for out going calls and sipgate for in coming calls! I have a
pap2 and was hoping to have two providers on line 1 and another two on
line two but it seems that you can only have one provider for each
physical line, is that so?

You can do this with Voxalot - on any ATA.

thats a pain, so that it's not possible then, I read somewhere that you
could put the firmware from a spa1001 onto the pap2 to get it to work?

You can do that, it works fine, but it won't do what you are asking
for because once you put the SPA-1001 firmware on the PAP2 it acts as
an SPA-1001. The 1001 has two lines on one port, so, the second port on
your PAP2 (and most of the lights) will stop working completely so you
are not going to be able to use more than two accounts. Most people
who did this did so to unlock the Vonage PAP2 and/or prefer to have
two accounts on one physical port rather than split across the two ports.