Sky broadband

Old January 22nd 08, 06:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Maxi

Default Sky broadband

I signed up to sy broadband at the mid range package. Received the wireless
modem today along with a letter saying its activation date is 28 of January.

By any chance does anyone know if they switch it on before this date ?

I connected it all up to check it and the little light thats for net access
is amber instead of green for active.

Old January 22nd 08, 07:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kráftéé

Maxi wrote:
I signed up to sy broadband at the mid range package. Received the
wireless modem today along with a letter saying its activation date
is 28 of January.
By any chance does anyone know if they switch it on before this
date ?
I connected it all up to check it and the little light thats for
net access is amber instead of green for active.

Well what do you really expect?

If your lucky it may be on for next Monday, if not take your choice
from 3 months to never..

Old January 22nd 08, 09:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

I signed up to sy broadband at the mid range package. Received the wireless
modem today along with a letter saying its activation date is 28 of January.
By any chance does anyone know if they switch it on before this date ?

I moved to Sky from Pipex, and i'm pretty sure it only became
available on the announced changeover date.
Old January 23rd 08, 01:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

If your lucky it may be on for next Monday, if not take your choice
from 3 months to never..

FFS - don't you /ever/ give it a rest?

Hehehe that comment is usually directed towards me :-}
Old January 23rd 08, 07:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
hoochxy

On Jan 22, 6:48*pm, "Maxi" wrote:
I signed up to sy broadband at the mid range package. Received the wireless
modem today along with a letter saying its activation date is 28 of January.

By any chance does anyone know if they switch it on before this date ?

I connected it all up to check it and the little light thats for net access
is amber instead of green for active.

Were you lucky enough to get one of the new modem/routers (Sagem/
Netgear) or the original Netgear DG834GT?
Old January 23rd 08, 09:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Maxi

"Colin Wilson" o.uk wrote
in message t...
I signed up to sy broadband at the mid range package. Received the
wireless
modem today along with a letter saying its activation date is 28 of
January.
By any chance does anyone know if they switch it on before this date ?

I moved to Sky from Pipex, and i'm pretty sure it only became
available on the announced changeover date.

Ahh was a bit of wishful thinking that it would miraculously pop on

Old January 23rd 08, 09:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Maxi

"hoochxy" wrote in message
On Jan 22, 6:48 pm, "Maxi" wrote:
I signed up to sy broadband at the mid range package. Received the
wireless
modem today along with a letter saying its activation date is 28 of
January.

By any chance does anyone know if they switch it on before this date ?

I connected it all up to check it and the little light thats for net
access
is amber instead of green for active.

Were you lucky enough to get one of the new modem/routers (Sagem/
Netgear) or the original Netgear DG834GT?

I got a small black box called a Sagem. [email protected] 2504.

I gather this is a good box ?

Old January 23rd 08, 10:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

Were you lucky enough to get one of the new modem/routers (Sagem/
Netgear) or the original Netgear DG834GT?
I got a small black box called a Sagem. [email protected] 2504.
I gather this is a good box ?

AFAIK not a lot is known about it yet, refer to skyuser.co.uk to see
if anyone has managed to hack into the bugger yet :-p

(i'm on the netgear)
Old January 24th 08, 01:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
hoochxy

On Jan 23, 9:54*am, "Maxi" wrote:
"hoochxy" wrote in message

On Jan 22, 6:48 pm, "Maxi" wrote:

I signed up to sy broadband at the mid range package. Received the
wireless
modem today along with a letter saying its activation date is 28 of
January.

By any chance does anyone know if they switch it on before this date ?

I connected it all up to check it and the little light thats for net
access
is amber instead of green for active.

Were you lucky enough to get one of the new modem/routers (Sagem/
Netgear) or the original Netgear DG834GT?

I got a small black box called a Sagem. [email protected] 2504.

I gather this is a good box ?

Mine certainly seems to be!

I got it as a replacement for a NetGear DG834GT which failed in the
first 12 months. But not before I managed to extract the userID and
password from it - now I have a choice of modems I can use,