What is the Sharowwood chassis?

Old January 22nd 08, 09:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham.

Default What is the Sharowwood chassis?

Service Status Announcement: Customers on the Sharowwood chassis may Have
experienced a loss of service. Our engineers are aware of this issue and
have investigated and resolved the issue. We apologise for any inconvenience
this may caused. - Tiscali Technical Support

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/cgi-bin/status.cgi

My guess is chassis = an LLU rack
and Sharowwood = typo

--
Graham

%Profound_observation%

Old January 23rd 08, 09:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

Graham. wrote:
Service Status Announcement: Customers on the Sharowwood chassis may Have
experienced a loss of service. Our engineers are aware of this issue and
have investigated and resolved the issue. We apologise for any inconvenience
this may caused. - Tiscali Technical Support

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/cgi-bin/status.cgi

My guess is chassis = an LLU rack
and Sharowwood = typo

Yep, it's a typo.

They raised an incident at 5:15am affecting the /Sharrow/ exchange. It
was cleared at 5:57am.

The chassis will be what encases their DSLAMs at the exchange I would
imagine.

Rgds,

--
+------ PlusNet - The smarter way to broadband ------
Old January 24th 08, 08:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kráftéé

PlusNet Support Team wrote:
Graham. wrote:
Service Status Announcement: Customers on the Sharowwood chassis
may Have experienced a loss of service. Our engineers are aware of
this issue and have investigated and resolved the issue. We
apologise for any inconvenience this may caused. - Tiscali
Technical Support http://www.tiscali.co.uk/cgi-bin/status.cgi

My guess is chassis = an LLU rack
and Sharowwood = typo

Yep, it's a typo.

They raised an incident at 5:15am affecting the /Sharrow/ exchange.
It was cleared at 5:57am.

The chassis will be what encases their DSLAMs at the exchange I
would imagine.

Rgds,

Bob Pullen Broadband Solutions for
Support Home & Business @
PlusNet plc. www.plus.net

+------ PlusNet - The smarter way to broadband ------

They're normally called suites (honest)

Old January 24th 08, 09:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham.

"kraftee" wrote in message
PlusNet Support Team wrote:
Graham. wrote:
Service Status Announcement: Customers on the Sharowwood chassis
may Have experienced a loss of service. Our engineers are aware of
this issue and have investigated and resolved the issue. We
apologise for any inconvenience this may caused. - Tiscali
Technical Support http://www.tiscali.co.uk/cgi-bin/status.cgi

My guess is chassis = an LLU rack
and Sharowwood = typo

Yep, it's a typo.

They raised an incident at 5:15am affecting the /Sharrow/ exchange.
It was cleared at 5:57am.

The chassis will be what encases their DSLAMs at the exchange I
would imagine.

Rgds,

Bob Pullen Broadband Solutions for
Support Home & Business @
PlusNet plc. www.plus.net

+------ PlusNet - The smarter way to broadband ------

They're normally called suites (honest)

Admit it, you have a "special" name for the Tiscali kit.

--
Graham

%Profound_observation%

Old January 25th 08, 09:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kráftéé

Graham. wrote:
"kraftee" wrote in message
PlusNet Support Team wrote:
Graham. wrote:
[...]

What that heap of steaming excrement in the corner over there, so
that's where the Tiscali kit is ;-)

Old January 27th 08, 04:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Cupis

PlusNet Support Team wrote:
The chassis will be what encases their DSLAMs at the exchange I would
imagine.

A "chassis" will typically refer to a piece of equipment (such as a
DSLAM or MSAN) which can take multiple linecards. An operators suite in
an exchange where they co-mingle or their street cabinet may have more
that one chassis installed depending on the capacity requirements and
the size/expandability of the equipment used.
Old January 27th 08, 04:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

Paul Cupis wrote:
PlusNet Support Team wrote:
The chassis will be what encases their DSLAMs at the exchange I would
imagine.

A "chassis" will typically refer to a piece of equipment (such as a
DSLAM or MSAN) which can take multiple linecards. An operators suite in
an exchange where they co-mingle or their street cabinet may have more
that one chassis installed depending on the capacity requirements and
the size/expandability of the equipment used.

Consider myself corrected!

Thanks for the clarifaiction.

Rgds,