Plusnet

Old January 23rd 08, 10:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ken

Default Plusnet

Is anyone on here using Plusnet?

Thinking about signing up for their 9.99pm service, just wondered if it was
relaible ect?

TIA

Ken

Old January 23rd 08, 11:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

Ken wrote:
Is anyone on here using Plusnet?

Thinking about signing up for their 9.99pm service, just wondered if
it was relaible ect?

I have used them for four years. There have been some glitches but overall
very good. The great thing is that you can actually get to talk to them or
communicate via a ticket system. They also put their stats and problems on
line warts and all.

Peter Crosland

Old January 23rd 08, 05:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
wasted

"Ken" wrote in message
Is anyone on here using Plusnet?

Thinking about signing up for their 9.99pm service, just wondered if it
was relaible ect?

TIA

Ken

Like Peter I've used them for a long time and have no problems - but
obviously you have to choose the package that suits you best.

Old January 23rd 08, 05:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
George Weston

"Peter Crosland" wrote in message
Ken wrote:
Is anyone on here using Plusnet?

Thinking about signing up for their 9.99pm service, just wondered if
it was relaible ect?

I have used them for four years. There have been some glitches but overall
very good. The great thing is that you can actually get to talk to them or
communicate via a ticket system. They also put their stats and problems on
line warts and all.

Peter Crosland

Seconded.
No problems now, ever since BT bought them out and they they sacked their
previous MD.
Good value for money and excellent - almost masochistic! - customer service
people, based in Sheffield (not Bangalore!).
They own up to mistakes, outages, etc. and keep you informed as to what's
going on, via their own forums and their own customer service feedback
newsgroup.

George

Old January 23rd 08, 06:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"wasted" wrote in message

"Ken" wrote in message
Is anyone on here using Plusnet?

Thinking about signing up for their 9.99pm service, just wondered if it
was relaible ect?

TIA

Ken

Like Peter I've used them for a long time and have no problems - but
obviously you have to choose the package that suits you best.

I've only been with Plusnet since Christmas Eve after spending 8 years with
the NTL now the Virgin crowd. Connection speed with Plusnet is stable at
around the 6.5Mbps where I was getting between the low hundreds of Kbps and
up to 5Mbps with Virgin. Customer relations service couldn't be better and I
wouldn't return to Virgin at any price
Mike

Old January 23rd 08, 08:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

Ken wrote:
Is anyone on here using Plusnet?

Thinking about signing up for their 9.99pm service, just wondered if it was
relaible ect?

Hi Ken,

I'd like to think we're pretty reliable. If you've any questions about
then let me know.

Kind Rgds,

--
+------ PlusNet - The smarter way to broadband ------
Old January 23rd 08, 08:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
nemo2

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 10:49:24 -0000, "Ken"
wrote:

Is anyone on here using Plusnet?

Thinking about signing up for their 9.99pm service, just wondered if it was
relaible ect?

TIA

Ken

Ken,

I reported a problem to them with BT resetting my SNR so that I got a
slower connection speed. It took them 2 weeks to acknowledge that I
had diagnosed the problem despite me regularly telling them what the
problem was. Over a month later the problem still has not been
resolved.

There email platform was also hacked due to Plusnet not having
configured it correctly resulting in customers getting a lot of spam,
with Plusnet anti spam platform proving to be totally in adequate.

Lastly, browsing speed is very slow in the evenings.

In my opinion Plusnet are a shadow of the company they used to be with
rubbish customer services and I will be leaving Plusnet as soon as it
is economical for me.

regards

nemo2
Old January 23rd 08, 09:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

nemo2 wrote:

I reported a problem to them with BT resetting my SNR so that I got a
slower connection speed. It took them 2 weeks to acknowledge that I
had diagnosed the problem despite me regularly telling them what the
problem was. Over a month later the problem still has not been
resolved.

Getting target SNR changed on a line can be a bit a pain at the best of
times. Have you got a ticket ID and I'll see if there's anything I can
do to help?

There email platform was also hacked due to Plusnet not having
configured it correctly resulting in customers getting a lot of spam,
with Plusnet anti spam platform proving to be totally in adequate.

'Not having configured it correctly' doesn't particularly tell the whole
story, the gory details of which can be found here if the OP is interested:

http://community.plus.net/comms/2007...cident-report/

Lastly, browsing speed is very slow in the evenings.

We've had a few gold packet drops in the evening of late but nothing
that should particularly have much of a detriment on browsing. We lit
some additional capacity 2 weeks ago too:

http://community.plus.net/comms/2008...tral-capacity/

P2P, Usenet and the higher prority protocols are slowed in the evening:

http://www.plus.net/support/broadban...nd/speed.shtml

In my opinion Plusnet are a shadow of the company they used to be with
rubbish customer services and I will be leaving Plusnet as soon as it
is economical for me.

Sorry to hear you feel that way. Let me know if you'd like me to look
into your fault in the meantime though.

I personally would say we're a lot better than we were a year or two ago
and we've started gettting nominated/winning awards again

http://community.plus.net/blog/2007/...tional-survey/
http://community.plus.net/comms/2007...another-award/
http://community.plus.net/blog/2007/...another-award/
http://community.plus.net/blog/2008/...et-award-ispa/