Do Tiscali second line support charge?

Old January 24th 08, 10:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Adam Lipscombe

Default Do Tiscali second line support charge?

Folks,

Is one charged when one contacts Tiscali second line support?

The reason I ask is this:

I did some work for a customer last year who's broadband was not working. I diagnosed a line
fault, which was agreed by Tiscali first-line support. They referred me to second-line support, but
as it was after 8pm they were shut.

My customer agreed to call them the next day but now refuses to pay me for my time because he says
that he was also charged by Tiscali support.

I find it hard to believe and think he is trying it on. Is that possible?

TIA- Adam

Old January 24th 08, 11:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Adam Lipscombe

Sorry, I actually meant TalkTalk second line support. My mistake.

I have taken the customer to the small claims court. Their defence is that because they had to
contact (and pay for?) TalkTalk second line support I did not do my job correctly.

This is utter tosh, but before I accuse them of lying I thought it better to know if TalkTalk second
line support do charge. I wouldn't have thought so but I am not 100% sure.

TIA - Adam

Old January 24th 08, 11:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kit

In article , Adam Lipscombe
wrote:

Sorry, I actually meant TalkTalk second line support. My mistake.

I have taken the customer to the small claims court. Their defence is that
because they had to
contact (and pay for?) TalkTalk second line support I did not do my job
correctly.

This is utter tosh, but before I accuse them of lying I thought it better to
know if TalkTalk second
line support do charge. I wouldn't have thought so but I am not 100% sure.

You don't need to accuse them of lying.
Whether or not they paid for second line support is irrelevant to your
case in the small claims court.
They contracted with you to diagnose the fault and you did so. Having
diagnosed the fault correctly you advised them to contact second line
support.

If you had diagnosed that they needed a new router then, presuming your
advice was correct, the fact that they might have to pay for a new
router would not mean that they could refuse to pay for your diagnosis.

Their only possible valid reason to refuse to pay would be if your
diagnosis and advice were incorrect. If the diagnosis and advice were
correct then how much they paid to follow your advice is irrelevant.

Kit
Old January 24th 08, 11:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Adam Lipscombe

Good points - many thanks.

Adam

Old January 24th 08, 09:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Spin Dryer

[Adam Lipscombe], on Thu, 24 Jan 2008 10:06:37 +0000, said :-

Folks,

Is one charged when one contacts Tiscali second line support?

The reason I ask is this:

I did some work for a customer last year who's broadband was not working. I diagnosed a line
fault, which was agreed by Tiscali first-line support. They referred me to second-line support, but
as it was after 8pm they were shut.

My customer agreed to call them the next day but now refuses to pay me for my time because he says
that he was also charged by Tiscali support.

I find it hard to believe and think he is trying it on. Is that possible?

TIA- Adam

(Top poster), you don't say anything about actually billing 'this
customer'. Why did this so called customer actually contact you in the
first place rather than talktalk ?
Old January 24th 08, 09:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kráftéé

Adam Lipscombe wrote:
Sorry, I actually meant TalkTalk second line support. My mistake.

I have taken the customer to the small claims court. Their defence
is that because they had to contact (and pay for?) TalkTalk second
line support I did not do my job correctly.

This is utter tosh, but before I accuse them of lying I thought it
better to know if TalkTalk second line support do charge. I
wouldn't have thought so but I am not 100% sure.

If the call to Talk Talk caused a Openreach DSL engineer to visit, who
then raised charges, that is entirely possible. Remember Openreach,
on visiting, will be representing TT, will report back to them what
they found & then TT has the job of passing on the charges to the end
user or not.

More history is needed, before any realistic answer can be given, the
most important bit is whether they had a visit arranged by TT & what
was the result of the visit.

Old January 24th 08, 11:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham.

"Adam Lipscombe" wrote in message
Folks,

Is one charged when one contacts Tiscali second line support?

The reason I ask is this:

I did some work for a customer last year who's broadband was not working.
I diagnosed a line fault, which was agreed by Tiscali first-line support.
They referred me to second-line support, but as it was after 8pm they were
shut.

My customer agreed to call them the next day but now refuses to pay me for
my time because he says that he was also charged by Tiscali support.

I find it hard to believe and think he is trying it on. Is that possible?

Did an Openreach engineer attend the premises?
--
Graham

%Profound_observation%

Old January 25th 08, 08:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Adam Lipscombe

The customer called me out because they had been unable to resolve the situation by talking to
TalkTalk first line support. Appremntly the fault had existed for 6 weeks and several people had had
a go at fixing it.

They are not techincally minded and got bamboozled I think