A daft question about broabnd switching

Old January 24th 08, 12:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Maxi

Default A daft question about broabnd switching

If I stop service with one broadband supplier, get the mac code and give
this code to the new supplier, when I get the activation date for the new
supplier will the broadband with current supplier stop ?

Just wondering if I might get billed for 2 suppliers accidently ?

Thanks

Old January 24th 08, 12:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 12:15:31 -0000, "Maxi" wrote:

If I stop service with one broadband supplier, get the mac code and give
this code to the new supplier, when I get the activation date for the new
supplier will the broadband with current supplier stop ?

Shouldn't get stopped if you are on a monthly contract try to place
your order around 8 days before the end of current month, if migration
doesn't take place until you are into the next month you would have to
pay for the whole month for nothing .
I have migrated three times in four months and have never had or
should I say seen any down time having put the new details into the
modem router just before going to bed and when I have got up the next
day everything was done and dusted .
Just wondering if I might get billed for 2 suppliers accidently ?

Only way this could happen would be if you where to go into another
month with your present ISP or they did charge you for anther month by
accident .