Change to attenuation ??

Old January 25th 08, 05:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
SRT

Default Change to attenuation ??

Hi,
I recently moved from previous isp which my netgear dg834 always registered
at 56-59 attenuation. Since I changed to a new isp and sagem router I get
60. The connection is faster than the old and (touch wood) as stable. Is
this likely to just be a feature of the router as I always thought it was
related to the distance from exchange. Old isp was not LLU whereas new one
is. tia.
Stuart.

Old January 25th 08, 07:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kris

Srt writes:
I recently moved from previous isp which my netgear dg834 always registered
at 56-59 attenuation. Since I changed to a new isp and sagem router I get
60. The connection is faster than the old and (touch wood) as stable. Is
this likely to just be a feature of the router as I always thought it was
related to the distance from exchange. Old isp was not LLU whereas new one
is. tia.

You didn't mention your new ISP, but ADSL2+ (Be/O2(/Sky?)) usually has a
slightly higher attentuation due to higher frequencies, and it's only
natural that different routers report the attenuation figure slightly
differently - they all have their own particular hardware and software
to calculate the various statistics, so there will be a margin of error.